|Who is Boeing Canada - AeroInfo?
Boeing Canada - AeroInfo is based in Richmond, B.C., and we have been an integral part of the Boeing Company since 2000. We create world-class aircraft operations information technology products and services, used by airlines around the world
We are looking to expand our team with people who seek an exciting, challenging career with one of the most sought after employers in the world: Boeing. Not only do you get to work for a Fortune 100 company, but you also get to be part of entrepreneurial environment of a growing local success story. Basically, you get the best of both worlds.
At AeroInfo we offer a unique proven combination of stability, growth, and cool technology, including new development in mobile, analytics and the cloud.
|Excited Yet? Position Details
||Today’s commercial aviation industry faces challenges from increasing competition, rising costs, aging infrastructure and multiple layers of regulation. Add the complexity and potential value of today’s data-rich aircraft, and it becomes clear why airlines increasingly seek outside expertise and information-based solutions to gain greater operational efficiencies and new ways to offer value to their customers. AeroInfo is playing a key role with the development of the Digital Airline, including integration of various applications to the Digital Airline solution. Working on the Digital Airline project is an opportunity to work on integration of various systems to the Digital Airline platform using integration skills.
- Designing, coding, testing and debugging moderately complex software for specific applications.
- Working on several phases of software programming.
- Documenting and maintaining software programs.
- Exercising independent judgment in making day‐to‐day technical decisions.
- Consulting with other technical staff, technical experts or departments to fulfill task requirements.
- Previous team lead or technical supervisory experience.
- Data interchange standards: XML, JSON.
- Source control: clearcase, svn, git/ SQL and relational databases such as MySQL, Oracle/ Maven2.
- Unit testing framework like: JUnit, QUnit.
- Web services protocol like SOAP and REST.
- UI skills such as HTML and CSS.
- Demonstrated technical expertise or specialist in more than one development language.
- Competence in executing development using prescribed software development methodologies.
- Typically 5+ years of development experience:
- Enterprise integration experience.
- 5+ years of Java / J2EE and Java IDEs (Eclipse, Netbeans, etc.) experience.
- 3+ years of Web Services (SOAP, REST, JSON) with deep XML and API knowledge.
- 3+ years of XML (XSL, XPath, XXL Transformation, DOM) experience.
- 3+ years of Oracle/SQL experience.
- 2+ years of Spring, Hibernate, iBatis, Apache Commons.
- 2+ years of Java web frameworks: Spring MVC.
- 2+ years with HTTPS, File Transfer Mechanisms.
- Experience with Cloud technologies such as Amazon E2C/S3 or other cloud service providers is highly favourable.
- Ability to work in both Unix/Linux and Windows environment.
- 2+ years of Java Enterprise development with deployment on application servers like Tomcat.
- Developing unit test cases and creating jUnits.
- Experience with at least one version control system.
- Exceptional communication skills – verbal and written.
- Superior customer interaction skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel to customer sites as required.
- Agile development considered an asset.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, computer engineering or equivalent.
- Java certification an asset.
Experience with the following is nice to have:
- Indexing frameworks (Apache Lucene, Locayta)
- Scripting language (Python, Perl, Ruby)
- WS02 SOA Platform
- Apache Hadoop
Interested? Send us your resume (MS Word is best) highlighting why you’re a fit.
If you want add a cover letter, we want to know about you. So explain why you’re interested, what type of development blogs and sites you follow, or perhaps your own blog or twitter URL, what side development projects you are doing at home and what you are passionate about.
||British Columbia [BC]