||Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
||Aecon Infrastructure brings together state-of-the-art technology, the most recent advances in process, and an experienced team dedicated to the work we perform, ranging from road building to institutional and commercial construction. Built on innovation, we constantly challenge ourselves to meet the demands of existing markets, and anticipate how to serve emerging ones.
|Business Unit Overview
||Established in 1973, South Rock Ltd. is Southern Alberta’s leading road construction contractor. Part of the Aecon group of companies, South Rock specializes in highway and municipal construction, cold planning and profiling, pavement repairs, gravel base, and equipment rentals.
||Human Resources Coordinator (47-800)
||The Human Resources Coordinator is a front-line business partner within South Rock. Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the Human Resources Coordinator will be responsible for a variety of functions for hourly and salaried employees, such as: recruitment and selection, performance management, employee relations, training and development, and Human Resources administration.
- Provide coaching and guidance to both salaried and hourly non-union managers and employees.
- Build effective relationships with internal clients to understand their business goals to proactively identify and implement solutions in line with their strategy.
- Monitor employee engagement and retention and suggest recommendations where required
- Recruitment and selection of employees including posting, attending career fairs, short-listing, interviewing and hiring.
- Communicate and assist with developing objectives for semi-annual and annual performance reviews
- Develop performance improvement plans and mentor the manager through the process
- New employee on-boarding and orientation
- Recommend and coordinate training programs for employee development
- Providing and arranging training as required
- Maintain the HRMS system for client groups including new hires, terminations, benefit changes and transfers.
- Run reports in the HRMS system for analysis
- Monthly headcount and turnover reporting
- Coordinate the short-term and long-term disability processes
- Manage various HR projects related to the HR strategy as assigned
- Other duties as required
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or a related discipline.
- CHRP Designation or working towards the designation
- Minimum of 5 years experience working in Human Resources
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated professionalism and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.