Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
||Aecon Infrastructure brings together state-of-the-art technology, the most recent advances in process, and an experienced team dedicated to the work we perform, ranging from road building to institutional and commercial construction. Built on innovation, we constantly challenge ourselves to meet the demands of existing markets, and anticipate how to serve emerging ones.
|Business Unit Overview
For over 100 years, Lockerbie & Hole Contracting Limited has provided construction services to the commercial, municipal, light industrial and institutional market sectors. The company has successfully completed a diverse range of projects throughout Canada including office towers, shopping centres, hotels, educational institutions, airports, resorts, hospital complexes, municipal water / waste water treatment plants and penal institutions.
Lockerbie & Hole is proud to be a Canadian company with offices and jobsites nationwide. Our experienced team plans, manages and constructs projects of all sizes using highly automated fabrication and construction practices with advanced technical, reporting & communication systems. Heavily involved in LEED certified construction, Lockerbie & Hole Contracting uses the latest green building practices to complete projects that are environmentally sensitive and sustainable for generations to come. Along with our leading edge safety programs, Lockerbie & Hole Contracting offers best in class mechanical construction management and complete mechanical services.
||Lockerbie & Hole Contracting
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, the Regional Manager is responsible for planning and directing all activities including financial performance, within the region. This position will be accountable for establishing and maintaining a team to operate in the respective regional area.
1. Business strategy, and planning
- Participate as a member of the Lockerbie & Hole Contracting Senior Management Team in the development of the business growth strategy, quarterly planning, and regular operations meetings; with a specific focus on profit and loss accountability;
- Develop the regional business plan on an annual basis and updating quarterly to align with the business strategy;
- Participate in the annual budgeting process and work with the other regional managers and operational management to facilitate understanding and accountability.
2. Developing people
- Coach, mentor and develop the team to take on additional responsibility and gain a stronger understanding of the business and what drives it;
- Work with “high potentials” to ensure that they continue to be challenged and are provided with opportunities to take on senior leadership roles including the identification and development of a successor;
- Provide leadership and motivation to the regional team in a manner that fosters collaboration and creates a cohesive team with a common objective to achieve the organizations strategy and goals;
- Recognize training and development opportunities that will leverage both individual and team skills and abilities;
- Inspire a vision for the team to achieve continuous improvement and excellence in execution;
- Collaborate with the leadership team in the areas of business development, financial and administrative management, and human resources, labour relations and safety;
- Ensure that all program activities operate consistently and ethically and support Aecon Group Inc. mission and values.
3. Business Unit growth and profitability
- Assist in the establishment, and ensure alignment of the regional groups’ short and long-term goals with overall corporate objectives;
- Leverage and as required develop a strong network with general contractors, engineers, suppliers, and other potential and existing clients;
- Lead the evaluation of opportunities within the region to ensure we focus on opportunities with the highest probability of winning the work, alignment to our area of expertise and our ability to generate profitable revenue.
4. Executing construction projects in a safe, efficient, ethical and
financially accountable manner
- Ensure the consistent execution and financial controls framework is followed and continually refined to drive execution efficiency, profitability and safety;
- Accountable for the revenue generation and ultimate profitability of the business;
- Direct and supervise the day-to-day activities of the region with the objective of executing projects and services consistent with quality, safety and service objectives of the company;
- Plan regional staffing requirements with support of the Human Resources team;
- Oversee all regional construction activities and approve major proposals;
- Define responsibilities and functions so that each member of the team understands what is expected of them;
- Take action to correct unsatisfactory conditions that may arise in any phase of the construction operations and direct whatever actions are necessary to accomplish company objectives;
- Monitor performance against established regional, team and personal objectives;
- Ensure that the region maintains its outstanding safety record and drives the best in industry safety practices and track record;
- Work with central services (i.e. I.T.) to drive efficient and effective systems and solutions to enable delivery of projects and business growth; and
- Build on the reputation of service, safety and excellence in execution.
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- Demonstrated track record of leadership and senior level management capabilities;
- A minimum of 15+ years of experience in the construction industry, and at least 7+ years of experience in a senior management capacity;
- Strong communication and team building skills;
- Ability to set strategic direction, creative thinking (thinking outside the box), facilitate diverse teams and capitalize on business opportunities;
- Track record of developing and expanding market share in a new geographic territory.
|Date Req Created
|Competition Closing Date
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.