||Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
||Aecon Energy offers a suite of unparalleled services to some of Canada’s largest energy suppliers, providing best-in-class solutions to the oil and gas, nuclear, co-generation, and renewable sectors.
|Business Unit Overview
||Aecon Utilities is Ontario's premier utility contractor, averaging more than 1000 skilled trades’ people, project managers and clerical staff. Our respected personnel are well equipped with more than 1500 major pieces of equipment, including one of the largest directional drilling fleets in Ontario.
||Under the direction of the Manager, Finance, Utilities the Intermediate Accountant will be responsible for providing financial and cost control support to the Utilities ON & West regions.
- Job cost and WIP analysis support
- Assist with month end close off process (i.e., preparation of journal entries for divisional financial statements and elimination entries, recurring entries and accruals)
- Assist with the preparation of monthly management reports, including financial statements and supporting schedules
- Monthly inter-company reconciliation and confirmation with other Aecon divisions
- Monthly JV Billings and associated reconciliations
- Posting regional and corporate overheads to job cost
- Prepare joint-venture financial statements for active JV’s
- Account analysis and preparation of working papers and schedules
- Assist with interim and year end audit and reporting requirements
- Assist with client reporting
- Assist with preparation of business plan and quarterly forecast, including entering and maintaining budgets and forecasts into the accounting system
- Perform reconciliations, and variance analysis, ensuring timeliness and accuracy
- Build and maintain excel reporting models used for monthly and quarterly reporting
- Document and ensure continuous process improvements are applied within area of responsibility
- Participate in special projects and initiatives as required
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- Two to five years of accounting experience;
- Related Post-Secondary education; working towards Accounting designation (CPA, CGA, CMA, CA)
- Demonstrated computer software proficiency with Microsoft Office; advanced Excel skills would be a strong asset
- Excellent and proven organizational skills in order to meet multiple deadlines and handle multiple tasks within a high pressure work environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency by demonstrating the ability to shift priorities to accomplish objectives
- Effectively manage time to keep commitments to both internal and external clients
- Communication – excellent ability to clearly and effectively communicate information and clarify requirements both orally and in writing
|Date Req Created
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.