Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
||Aecon Infrastructure brings together state-of-the-art technology, the most recent advances in process, and an experienced team dedicated to the work we perform, ranging from road building to institutional and commercial construction. Built on innovation, we constantly challenge ourselves to meet the demands of existing markets, and anticipate how to serve emerging ones.
|Business Unit Overview
For over 100 years, Lockerbie & Hole Contracting Limited has provided construction services to the commercial, municipal, light industrial and institutional market sectors. The company has successfully completed a diverse range of projects throughout Canada including office towers, shopping centres, hotels, educational institutions, airports, resorts, hospital complexes, municipal water / waste water treatment plants and penal institutions.
Lockerbie & Hole is proud to be a Canadian company with offices and jobsites nationwide. Our experienced team plans, manages and constructs projects of all sizes using highly automated fabrication and construction practices with advanced technical, reporting & communication systems. Heavily involved in LEED certified construction, Lockerbie & Hole Contracting uses the latest green building practices to complete projects that are environmentally sensitive and sustainable for generations to come. Along with our leading edge safety programs, Lockerbie & Hole Contracting offers best in class mechanical and electrical construction management and complete mechanical and electrical services.
Reporting to the Project Manager or Senior Project Manager, the Project Administrator will be working as part of a team responsible for completing the administrative & cost control functions that support ongoing projects within Lockerbie & Hole.
- Participate in project start-up;
- Provide administrative duties as required (will vary depending on location of PA, small or large job);
- Maintain Requests for Information (RFI) & Site Instructions (SI) and shop drawing logs (will depend on size of project, if PM only on job PA to do these items);
- Monitor progress claims;
- Monitor equipment / materials;
- Perform payroll related functions;
- Participate at project completion.
|Required Knowledge & Skills
Business Course Diploma preferred - focus on office administration
At least 2 years of office experience;
- Working knowledge of general office procedures and business machines: plus ability to type at least 45 words per minute;
- Proven organizational skills in order to meet multiple deadlines and handle multiple tasks within a high-pressure work environment;
- Attention to detail and accuracy Strong proofreading skills;
- Good interpersonal and communications skills, both written and oral;
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook;
- Ability to work as a team player.
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.