||Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
||Aecon Infrastructure brings together state-of-the-art technology, the most recent advances in process, and an experienced team dedicated to the work we perform, ranging from road building to institutional and commercial construction. Built on innovation, we constantly challenge ourselves to meet the demands of existing markets, and anticipate how to serve emerging ones.
|Business Unit Overview
||Established in 1973, South Rock Ltd. is Southern Alberta’s leading road construction contractor. Part of the Aecon group of companies, South Rock specializes in highway and municipal construction, cold planning and profiling, pavement repairs, gravel base, and equipment rentals.
||Payroll & Accounting Clerk (47-800)
||South Rock Ltd. has an opportunity for a Payroll & Accounting Clerk to fill a maternity leave, located in Redcliff at the South Rock head office. The Payroll & Accounting Clerk is responsible for the timely accurate processing of hourly payrolls on a regular basis. As well as general journal entries, bank reconciliations, truck haul entry, etc. This position requires the ability to multi-task, excellent organizational skills, and superior computer skills.
- Processing of multiple payrolls on a weekly/daily basis
- Setup, update and maintain employee information into the system in a timely and accurate manner
- Coordination of payroll activities to ensure all pay data is compiled, processed and reconciled on time to meet all payroll deadlines
- Verify all information received is complete, i.e. new hire forms, employee rate change form, tax forms, etc.
- Responding to payroll inquiries from employee, government agencies, concerning basic payroll matters
- Sorting and distribution of hourly paystubs to proper site locations
- Track and updating hourly employee rate scales
- Assisting with month end/year end procedures / balancing
- General journal entries, bank reconciliations, truck haul processing, and other ad hoc duties that may be assigned from time to time
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- Post Secondary in Accounting
- Enrolment in an accounting program would be an asset
- Previous payroll experience in a multi payroll environment
- Thorough knowledge of payroll, job cost and financial accounting
- Ability to multi-task and work under extremely tight time lines
- Highly motivated, detail oriented and excellent time management skills
- Above average computer skills (data entry skills with a high degree of accuracy)
- Strong communication, organization and people skills
- A “Do Whatever it Takes” attitude
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.