Apply Now Tell a Friend
Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
||Aecon Infrastructure brings together state-of-the-art technology, the most recent advances in process, and an experienced team dedicated to the work we perform, ranging from road building to institutional and commercial construction. Built on innovation, we constantly challenge ourselves to meet the demands of existing markets, and anticipate how to serve emerging ones.
||EHS Advisor (03-800)
||Under the general supervision of the Employee Health and Safety Director, the Safety Advisor will be responsible to actively promote a health, safety and environmental culture to all levels of employees with the policies and procedures of Aecon’s Health, Safety and Environmental Manual.
- Employee health and safety orientation
- Site specific safety orientation to workers, owners and clients
- Training supervisors and staff on Aecon Health, Safety and Environmental Manual
- Training employees in fall protection, confined space entry, traffic protection, traffic control person, WHMIS, respiratory protection, emergency response
- Coordinate training such as WHMIS, First Aid, Fork lift, Propane etc.
- Conduct workplace inspections and audits.
- Conduct behavioural observation in the workplace
- Update Material Safety Data Sheets as required
- Develop workplace plans – such as emergency evacuations, fire emergency, traffic controls, fall protection
- Distribution of safety material, supplies and equipment
- Safety presentations to clients
- Promoting the Aecon safety system to potential industry clients
- Audit, monitor and enforce the company’s health and safety policies to ensure that the company and its contractors are in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and its regulations
- Enforce compliance with all Occupational Health and Safety policies, legislation and regulations by issuing warnings and/or discipline to employees and subcontractors where warranted
- Participate as a management member of Joint Health and Safety Committees
- Assist in Quality Assurance information gathering or other shop/office interface responsibilities
- Conduct studies and analyze accident trends
- Inspects project facilities and recommends corrective actions
- Working with the Claims Administrator assists with workers compensation claims and associated activities
- Develop return to work and modified work programs
- Accident/Incident investigations
- Mediate health and safety issues for resolution
- Liaise with Government agencies
- Prepare and assist with external safety audits
- Coordination of environmental issues
- Gather and provide statistical information to estimating for tender packages
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- Experience in the Health and Safety field
- Minimum 2 years experience in construction Health and Safety
- C RSP designation is an asset
- The ability to work with limited supervision and to be proactive
- Familiar with construction terminology
- Working knowledge of the Occupational Health and safety Act
- Working knowledge of the Regulations for Construction Project
- Working knowledge of the Regulations for Industrial Establishments
- Working knowledge of the Regulations for Mining
- Working knowledge of other Regulations, e.g. WHMIS, Asbestos in Construction, Designated Substances, Smoking in the Workplace
- Good communication skills
- Good presentation skills
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.