We are one of the 50 Best Employers in Canada! By achieving a safe and positive work environment for all of our employees we aim to be the best our industry has to offer.
Canonbie Contracting Limited is a division of Aecon Group Inc., providing a full range of industrial and construction services including: civil, electrical and mechanical services of piping, insulation, scaffolding and module fabrication. Our superior commitment to the highest quality services stems from our core values of safety, integrity, excellence and profitability. Our exceptional mix of quality and safety is complemented by our employee’s knowledge, skills, experience and client commitment in every job.
||Estimator - Insulation
Reporting directly to the Estimating Manager, the Industrial Insulation Estimator will be responsible for preparing and completing detailed cost estimates for equipment and piping insulation costs within multi discipline estimates. The Insulation Estimator will be responsible for the insulation discipline. and provide support to the estimating department and project management teams.
- Provide detailed take-offs with labour & material pricing entries and extensions.
- Supervise and coordinate work affecting Industrial Insulation discipline estimates.
- Develop bid strategies and close Industrial Insulation discipline estimates;
- Work with other discipline estimators to develop insulation scope of work and costs affecting multi-discipline estimates;
- Maintaining active communication with all tendering authorities, including owners, architects and engineers;
- Assist in establishing and pricing of indirect costs;
- Provide information to support detailed scheduling;
- Provide support to field operations regarding insulation discipline estimates /IFC’s;
- Work with cost codes, project productivity and project control systems;
- Provide input to proposal documents;
- Work in Client and Engineering offices to support EDS/AFE budgeting processes
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in the construction industry.
- Minimum of three (3) years progressive estimating experience in the industrial insulation discipline.
- Preference will be given to candidates that possess both relevant trade experience and technical education.
- Strong leadership experience with the ability to mentor junior members of the team.
- Proven ability to work under pressure, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines for normal functions and special assignments.
- Attention to detail, mathematical, analytical skills and accuracy.
- Proficiency using MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access), experience with packaged estimating software considered an asset.
- Service orientated with the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to build positive working relationships with internal and external clients.
- Building cladding experience will be considered an asset.
|Date Req Created
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
Canonbie Contracting strives to be an employer of choice offering employees a competitive salary and benefits package which includes:
- Employer matching Pension program
- Employee Share Purchase Program
- Employee Profit Ownership Program
- Immediate benefit eligibility
- 100% employer paid benefits package
- Health, dental and vision care coverage
- Short term and long term disability coverage
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Basic life insurance
- Basic accidental death and dismemberment insurance
||Canonbie Contracting Limited is an equal opportunity employer.