||Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
||Aecon Infrastructure brings together state-of-the-art technology, the most recent advances in process, and an experienced team dedicated to the work we perform, ranging from road building to institutional and commercial construction. Built on innovation, we constantly challenge ourselves to meet the demands of existing markets, and anticipate how to serve emerging ones.
||ACML - Brampton
||Job Costing Supervisor
||Aecon Infrastructure division has an opportunity for a Job Costing Supervisor (ACML – Brampton Construction Division). Reporting to the Manager of Job Costing, Transportation, this role will be responsible for setting up, monitoring and analyzing cost reports for the Brampton Construction. In addition, the chosen candidate will ensure both the monthly financial reporting and job forecasting are carried out on a timely basis, while supervising the Project Administrators.
||• Establish a cost control system for each project and monitor performance of the jobs versus estimates (i.e. review and analyze T-A job cost reports)
• Liaise with the job sites (ex. with field Project Administrators and Coordinators) to gather job cost/billing information, and consult with the Project Administrators regarding any accounting issues as required
• Supervise the Project Administrators in the Brampton office and at job sites and provide the necessary support as required
• Make regular site visits to monitor job progress and interact with field personnel to ensure production and accounting processes/procedures are in place and functioning
• Manage weekly cost meetings with the Senior Project Management Team (i.e. General Manager, Project Manager and Project Coordinators) in order to provide status updates on each project, analyze project costs, activities and report deviations requiring attention; document minutes of the meetings.
• Prepare cash forecasts (i.e. analyze receipts and disbursements for the jobs) to determine the cash requirements of the Construction Division
• Be responsible for the month end close process for all the Brampton Construction jobs (i.e., Prepare and post of journal entries for financial roll up of the Construction Division within the SBU, T-A job adjustments, progress billings, balancing of payables and receivables between the joint venture and the Aecon group of companies, recurring entries and accruals etc.)
• Ensure accuracy and integrity of supporting schedules (ex. Job Status report, Contract Status report, job revenue and margin analysis compared to BP or forecasts, unbilled revenue/AR aging explanations, etc.)
• Prepare the quarterly forecasts/business plan of the Construction Division
• Prepare the year end joint venture financial statements
• Liaise with internal and external auditors, and prepare necessary working papers for the interim and year end visits
• Be involved with other projects as required (ex. assist with ad hoc requests for both the solar joint venture and Miwel)
|Required Knowledge & Skills
||• CGA/CMA is preferred
• Experience with job costing and financial reporting in the construction industry would be an asset
• Work with a sense of urgency by demonstrating the ability to shift priorities to accomplish objectives
• Excellent ability to communicate clearly and effectively information and clarify requirements both orally and in writing
• Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
• Effectively manages time to keep commitments to both internal and external clients
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Excel and Word)
|Contract End Date
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.