Apply Now Tell a Friend
We are one of the 50 Best Employers in Canada! By achieving a safe and positive work environment for all of our employees we aim to be the best our industry has to offer.
Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
||Aecon Industrial provides high-performance construction services to a broad array of industrial clients across the country, and offers single-source solutions for multi-trade industrial construction and fabrication projects.
|Business Unit Overview
||Aecon Industrial is a market leader in engineering, procurement, construction and maintenance for the heavy industrial sector, including nuclear and non-nuclear power, oil & gas, petrochemical, steel and automotive. Aecon Industrial has a strong focus on power generation, nuclear, hydroelectric, fossil, biomass, and natural gas industries. Maintenance and capital improvement projects are also key component of our field construction services.
||As a project Coordinator you will play a key role in providing leadership in managing/supervising construction projects by assisting in the project management and coordination of schedules, manpower, customer relations, engineering, etc. Risk analysis; project forecasting, liaising with owner are daily occurrences in these positions. .
The Project Coordinator reports to the Project Engineer, Project Manager, or Account Manager responsible for the project. Following the Project Manager’s review of the project estimate, budget, commercial and the technical review of the project, the Project Coordinator directs, coordinates and exercises functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration and completion of engineering and construction requirements within the scope of a specified project.
- Plans and implements an engineering and construction program, including defining the project plan, activities, milestones, and manpower requirements
- Develops and maintains the project schedule and budget for the engineering and construction segments of the project
- Provides status report of project milestones and adjustment to schedules
- Controls expenditures within limitations of project budget
- Identifies project manpower requirements and coordinates manpower with appropriate trades and subcontractors
- Coordinates preparation and delivery of project deliverables, design documents, as built drawings, turnover documents, etc.
- Reviews project design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements and related specifications
- Coordinates activities relating to technical developments, scheduling and resolving engineering design and test problems
- Evaluates and recommends design changes, specifications and drawing releases
- Interfaces with customers to provide project status reports and ensure customer needs are met
- Provides status and progress reports to customer, project team, and management
- Forecast and tracks change orders and scope changes
- Assists and monitors safety programs and statistics as required
- Writes and reviews purchase specifications and subcontract documents
- Active involvement in quality assurance with regards to understating and implementing policies and procedures.
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- Post secondary school education in an Engineering discipline
- Pursuing Professional Engineering Status
- Minimum 1 - 3 years experience in a construction or EPC environment
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Computer literate
|Date Req Created
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.