Apply Now Tell a Friend
|| Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
||Aecon Infrastructure brings together state-of-the-art technology, the most recent advances in process, and an experienced team dedicated to the work we perform, ranging from road building to institutional and commercial construction. Built on innovation, we constantly challenge ourselves to meet the demands of existing markets, and anticipate how to serve emerging ones.
|Business Unit Overview
For over 100 years, Lockerbie & Hole Contracting Limited has provided construction services to the commercial, municipal, light industrial and institutional market sectors. The company has successfully completed a diverse range of projects throughout Canada including office towers, shopping centres, hotels, educational institutions, airports, resorts, hospital complexes, municipal water / waste water treatment plants and penal institutions.
Lockerbie & Hole is proud to be a Canadian company with offices and jobsites nationwide. Our experienced team plans, manages and constructs projects of all sizes using highly automated fabrication and construction practices with advanced technical, reporting & communication systems. Heavily involved in LEED certified construction, Lockerbie & Hole Contracting uses the latest green building practices to complete projects that are environmentally sensitive and sustainable for generations to come. Along with our leading edge safety programs, Lockerbie & Hole Contracting offers best in class mechanical and electrical construction management and complete mechanical and electrical services.
||Lockerbie & Hole Contracting
||Supply Chain Specialist
Reporting to the Regional Manager, the Supply Chain Specialist (Mechanical) is responsible for the direct purchase of materials and services required to support Estimators and Project Managers with their ongoing operational and administrative requirements for Lockerbie & Hole.
- Manage all purchasing activity for mechanical (i.e. steel, pipe/fittings, welding, freight, coatings and fabrication), including purchase and vendor contract negotiations;
- Manage vendor relations and vendor performance records;
- Develop and implement purchasing procedures and policies;
- Chair Monthly Scorecard Development Meeting;
- Chair weekly procurement meeting in preparation for presenting KPI’s at the Weekly RM Meeting;
- Provide input at Weekly CM Meeting and Monthly RM Meeting;
- Follow established limits and quality, quantity and price guidelines;
- Expedite delivery requirements;
- Resolve complicated accounts payable invoicing and vendor issues;
- Assess company requirements and develop specifications for items to be purchased;
- Research materials for price and quality;
- Identify and negotiate cost saving strategies;
- Provide pricing for estimates and assist with closing estimates;
- Determine or negotiate vendor contract terms and conditions, recommend contract awards;
- Coordinate delivery and expedition of goods, ensure goods are ordered and delivered in a timely and cost effective manner;
- Invite tenders, consult with suppliers and review quotations;
- Locate new sources of supply as required;
- Select vendors, place orders, maintain records;
- Establish and maintain contact with suppliers;
- Chair weekly procurement meeting in preparation for presenting KPI’s at the Weekly RM Meeting, Weekly CM Meeting, and Monthly RM Meeting,
- Conduct annual and semi-annual Supplier meetings, and attend Quarterly Supplier Program Effectiveness Review Meeting (as required);
- Meet with manufacturing representatives to keep current on new products and their uses;
- Continual liaison with field personnel (ensuring open lines of communication, project schedule awareness, deadlines and awareness);
- Contact clients and suppliers to resolve issues as required, initiate and hold Supplier Improvement Intervention meeting when necessary;
- Prepare routine and special reports as required, ensure flash report is accurate and complete;
- Manage or assist in the return of unused goods and/or disposal of surplus material;
- Assist with the recruiting of new purchasing clerk or assistants;
- Train or direct the work of purchasers, purchasing clerks or assistants;
- When the purchaser, purchasing clerk or assistant is away assume their responsibilities.
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- Completion of post-secondary education;
- Completion or currently enrolled in: P.M.A.C. Purchasing Certificate program, S.C.M.P. Supply Chain Management Professional Designation program, C.P.P. Accreditation Program, and trade certification related to position specialization is preferred;
- At least five (5) years of relevant work experience in procurement in the industrial and/or commercial construction sector;
- Knowledge of the mechanical, industrial and commercial construction industry an asset;
- Knowledge of purchasing principles, techniques, practices and ethics;
- Knowledge of fundamentals of contract law, negotiating business agreements, and laws of requesting tenders, proposals, and quotations;
- An understanding of the tools of procurement;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Proven organizational skills and ability to work under pressure in order to meet deadlines, and handle multiple tasks within a fast-paced work environment;
- Ability to work under pressure in order to meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks within a fast-paced work environment;
- Client/customer service oriented and the ability to work effectively within a team environment;
- Ability to build positive working relationships with professionals within industry and internal clients;
- Strong negotiation, mathematical and analytical skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral;
- Solid research skills and commitment to continually learn about new products;
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint);
- Understanding of QA/QC requirements;
- Knowledge of or experience with CSOX guidelines or ISO principles.
|Date Req Created
|Competition Closing Date
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
|| Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.