||Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
||Aecon Infrastructure brings together state-of-the-art technology, the most recent advances in process, and an experienced team dedicated to the work we perform, ranging from road building to institutional and commercial construction. Built on innovation, we constantly challenge ourselves to meet the demands of existing markets, and anticipate how to serve emerging ones.
||Intermediate Equipment Accountant (03800)
||Certified General Accountant (CGA)
||A unique opportunity exists for an Intermediate Equipment Accountant for our Infrastructure - Equipment division, located at 8401 Five Side Road, Milton. The Equipment Accountant is responsible in assisting with but not limited to: journal entries, cash forecasting, bank reconciliations, and special projects as well as assisting the management team of the Infrastructure Equipment division.
- Assist with month end close off process i.e., preparation of journal entries for additions and disposals, accruals and leases.
- Account analysis, reconciliations and preparation of working papers and schedules.
- Assist with interim and year-end audit and reporting requirements.
- Assist with year-end tax worksheets.
- Processing of Monthly Depreciation and preparation of related Continuity Schedules
- Aid in the preparation of Monthly Cash Forecasting and Bank Reconciliations
- Compliance with Bill 198 procedures
- Other projects as required
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- 2nd or 3rd level CGA
- Possess relevant college or university degree or equivalent experience in a similar role
- Work with a sense of urgency by demonstrating the ability to shift priorities to accomplish objectives
- Effectively manage time to keep commitments to both internal and external clients
- Communication – excellent ability to clearly and effectively communicate information and clarify requirements both orally and in writing
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Excel and Word)
- Previous experience with equipment industry or fixed assets (leases) is an asset
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer