Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
||Aecon Infrastructure brings together state-of-the-art technology, the most recent advances in process, and an experienced team dedicated to the work we perform, ranging from road building to institutional and commercial construction. Built on innovation, we constantly challenge ourselves to meet the demands of existing markets, and anticipate how to serve emerging ones.
||Construction Manager (03-800)
An opportunity exists for a Construction Manager, primarily based at job sites throughout Alberta.
Reporting to the VP, Operations, the Construction Manager is responsible for providing overall operational direction, technical expertise and support to project teams on a number of projects or one very large project. Currently, this role would support the Operations teams performing Pipeline Facilities work through our Joint Venture with Robert B. Somerville.
- Ultimately responsible for the Project Construction and Project Construction Team’s performance
- Ensure project safety standards and environmental programs are adhered to at all times
- Maintain excellent relationships with owner, architect, consultants, subcontractors, public
- Ensure project profitability, schedule adherence and customer satisfaction
- Develop recovery strategies when project schedule or budget are in jeopardy
- Ensure Aecon policies and procedures are implemented on projects
- Project Performance: monitor schedules, costs, manpower, materials, safety and environment, quality control
- Ensure project teams submit monthly performance status reports regarding cost forecast, schedule and cash flow
- Review schedule, cost forecast and cash flow with Project Team weekly
- Ensure appropriate usage of administrative procedures
- Assist project team to develop and monitor the project schedule
- Ensure resolution of all construction and project labour disputes
- Ensure optimum utilization of labour, material and other resources across all projects
- Assist project team in establishing the construction plan and engineering methods
- Participate in project administration as necessary
- Supervise, mentor, coach and train project personnel
- Be an ambassador of the company both internally and externally
- Ensure compliance with Aecon union obligations
- Assist in securing new work by participating in estimates, working with subcontractors and/or participating in proposals and presentations
- Participate in tender closings
- Conduct Performance Evaluations of project staff
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- Education to include a four year engineering degree, technical college diploma or equivalent combination of technical training and/or related experience
- A minimum of 15 years of construction experience
- The proven ability to successfully manage large and complex construction projects
- The proven ability to effectively manage Aecon administrative and field staff on large projects
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, methods), industry practices, estimating/budgeting, scheduling and safety requirements
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to resolve project disputes with no management assistance
- Excellent presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, MS Word and Excel
- Working knowledge of Project Management systems, accounting systems and scheduling software
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||Salary range: $100,00.00/yr - $140,000.00/yr
Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.