Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
Aecon’s Corporate division provides a support system which extends throughout all branches of the company and includes IT services, communications, finance and human resources, among others.
||Service Desk Technician (04001)
||Reporting to the Service Desk Supervisor, Technology Support Services this position is responsible for the administration of all incidents and service requests to ensure timely resolution along with providing front line support for our end user community. The Service Desk Technician will leverage the IT Services team to ensure that customer satisfaction is maintained, service levels are achieved, and quality is not compromised.
- Primary contact for answering, evaluating, and prioritizing Service Desk requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies
- Responsible to log any IT issues received via walk in, phone, or e-mail in Aecon’s Service Management Tool
- Handle problem recognition, research and isolation by contacting end users to collect information about problems and lead user through diagnostic procedures to determine source of error
- Assign requests to appropriate queues for follow up by service technicians
- Responsible to monitor all open requests to ensure timely resolution
- Monitor the progress of tasks or incident resolution and determine when to escalate to a senior level technician or management for assistance
- Provides 1st Level Service Desk support to end users on a variety of issues. Responsible to identify, research, and resolve technical problems including follow up with end user
- Maintain historical records and related problem documentation
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting on all activities on a weekly and monthly basis
- Conduct customer satisfaction surveys, document and communicate results and work with team to improve service levels
- Responsible for developing and maintaining, “how to” procedures and knowledgebase articles
- Assist 2nd and 3rd level technicians as required
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- Must have very strong verbal and written communication skills along with excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills (must be able to clearly report and document resolutions in detail)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to act individually and work together with others as part of a team
- Ability to proactively identify problems, ability to multitask and work in a high stress environment
- Working knowledge of WinXP, MS Office products, Citrix MetaFrame, Terminal Services and AS400 desktop connectivity
- Broad technical knowledge in PC hardware and software configuration
- Able to diagnose printer problems
- Able to troubleshoot network connectivity and router issues
- Self-confidence and a good work ethic
- Understanding of policies and procedures as it relates to information Technology
- Understanding of the ITIL Framework for best practices
|Competition Closing Date
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
|| Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.