||Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
||Aecon’s Corporate Shared Services division provides a support system which extends throughout all branches of the company and includes IT services, communications, finance and human resources, among others.
||Credit & Collections Representative
||The Credit & Collections Representative is responsible for maintaining records of credit and collections, collection of any outstanding amounts, preparation of all cash receipts for posting and deposit to bank, as well as the preparation of reports as required by management. This position requires the ability to multi-task, excellent organizational skills and superior computer skills.
||• Call overdue accounts to collect funds on timely basis
• Identify and resolve invoicing issues and customer discrepancies
• Respond to client’s request for account information
• Maintain proper documentation of all collection efforts
• Provide timely updates on collection activity via weekly AR reports
• Daily cash application of customer payment and preparation of bank deposits
• Alert various members of operational management team to any potential non-payment/write off issues, sends accounts to outside collectors with management approval
• Prepare daily cash reports and ensure accuracy of daily deposit
• Prepare and monitor 8 week rolling cash forecast, work with the finance team to improve overall cash flow
• Document collection system and procedures
• Communicate company policies regarding credit, invoicing and payment terms to ensure account payments are received within established terms
• Ensure compliance with Credit Policy and Bill 198
• Continuous improvement and documentation of collection process system and procedures
• Assist management team with all legal matters relating to delinquent accounts
• Evaluate credit data and financial statements to determine degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money
• Support and assist with Credit and Collections yearly audit
• Assist with other areas of accounting as required
|Required Knowledge & Skills
||• Five years experience actively engaged in accounts receivable dealing with large volume accounts
• Collection experience in construction industry is preferred
• Ability to work independently
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
• Team player
• Strong computer skills, proficiency in MS office
• Experience in other general account activities such as billing, accounts payable and analysis would be considered an asset
|Date Req Created
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.