||Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
||Aecon Infrastructure brings together state-of-the-art technology, the most recent advances in process, and an experienced team dedicated to the work we perform, ranging from road building to institutional and commercial construction. Built on innovation, we constantly challenge ourselves to meet the demands of existing markets, and anticipate how to serve emerging ones
|Business Unit Overview
||Aecon Mining is one of Canada’s largest mining and land reclamation contractors in the oilsands today, a position that complements our already well-established role as a leading heavy industrial contractor in the region. The division is uniquely positioned to offer clients a broad range of services, from environmental reclamation and overburden removal to civil, mechanical, and general contracting services.
||Front-End Loader Operator (80-800)
||Under general supervision, the Front-End Loader Operator will be responsible for all types of straight or articulated rubber-tired, tractor-type vehicles equipped with front mounted hydraulically powered bucket or scoop to lift and transport bulk materials. The operator will work throughout the clients in the oilsands region and operating the equipment according to safety standards of Aecon Mining, clients and by applicable laws.
- Conduct pre-trip/walk-around safety inspection
- Operate all equipment functions independently and safely
- Ability to operate all functions of the equipment safely including, moving levers to lower/raise and tilt bucket, driving equipment forward
- Start engines, move throttles, switches, or levers, or depress pedals to operate equipment
- Interpret stakes and signage on the land
- May require coordinating loader efforts with other drivers and operators
- Coordinate machine actions with other activities, positioning or moving of loads and conduct in response to hand or audio signals from team members
- Ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust controls of machine to exact positions as necessary
- Operator will work daily to ensure deadlines are met in a changing environment
- Ability to work in outdoor weather conditions included but not limited to extreme temperatures (heat and cold), rain, sleet, snow, wind, and/or wet/humid conditions
- Adhering to site specific rules and regulations
- Keep abreast of changes to industry standards and Aecon policies
- Ensuring communication between members of the team
- Protect and promote the interest of this company in all matters and to take actions as required to satisfy such responsibilities
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Maintain safe driving distances
- Maintain excellent communication
- Working as a member of the team by assisting other members when required
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- Valid Class 5 license
- Physically fit
- 5 years industry experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills (spoken and written communication)
- Complete Aecon specific training in a reasonable amount of time
- Complete client’s site specific training as required
- High school graduate is an asset
- Ability to be dispatched through the local union as per the collective agreement
- Ability to be dispatched to any of the oil sands clients in the Wood Buffalo region
- This position does not include camp or any accommodations
- This position does not include LOA
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||As per Collective Agreement, base wage range $35.00-$40.00
Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.