Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
||Aecon Infrastructure brings together state-of-the-art technology, the most recent advances in process, and an experienced team dedicated to the work we perform, ranging from road building to institutional and commercial construction. Built on innovation, we constantly challenge ourselves to meet the demands of existing markets, and anticipate how to serve emerging ones.
|Business Unit Overview
||Aecon Mining is one of Canada’s largest mining and land reclamation contractors in the oilsands today, a position that complements our already well-established role as a leading heavy industrial contractor in the region. The division is uniquely positioned to offer clients a broad range of services, from environmental reclamation and overburden removal to civil, mechanical, and general contracting services.
||Inventory Controller (80-800)
||Under general supervision, the Inventory Controller will be responsible for managing and ensuring appropriate inventory levels to meet client contractual agreements. Primary responsibilities include utilizing knowledge of inventory cycles to manage and control client inventory levels, knowledge of inventory for heavy earthmoving equipment, communicate and coordinate incoming and outgoing orders with relevant partners, and coordinate new style set up responsibilities. Responsibilities will include the strategic forecasting, development of inventory management policies and procedures for ensuring the availability of all necessary materials required to support the equipment fleet, release scheduling of inbound raw materials and components, and ensuring adequate stock levels for production requirements. Other duties will be assigned as necessary.
- Apply strategic forecasting to ensure the availability of all necessary materials required to support the heavy equipment fleet.
- Release scheduling of inbound raw materials and components.
- Ensure adequate stock levels for production requirements.
- Manage effective use of property.
- Ensure appropriate levels of inventory to meet client contractual agreements.
- Advise the Purchasing Manager where inventory levels are depleted or low.
- Utilize inventory control measures for cycles of incoming and outgoing orders with relevant partners.
- Plan/supervise/schedule/execute an on-going biannual barcode physical inventory of fixed assets by department.
- Coordinate and submit timely and accurate inventory control data and analysis for Monthly/Annual Materials Management.
- Assure that equipment transfers between departments are processed.
- Assure that all such equipment is returned to the inventory control of Material Management.
- Log, pickup, and process property into the financial system.
- Maintain records of all transfer transactions.
- Compile information on receipt or disbursement of goods and computes inventory balance.
- Prepare reports of inventory balance, and shortages.
- Post counts and results.
- Coordinate the disposal of salvage equipment/materials as governed by specific laws and policy thereby maximizing financial return. Assure that excess property is properly stored and accounted for and that procedures and practices are implemented to preclude loss, damage, and/or pilferage.
- Determine root causes of inventory discrepancies and implementing preventative measures
- Enhance the process of inventory monitoring, measurement and reporting.
- Conduct periodic spot checks of warehouse excess and conduct a formal inventory at least once annually.
- Supervise daily activities of employees assigned to the Inventory Control Section.
- Work flow management of a unit including training and contribution to performance appraisal.
- Coach and train employees at various sites to improve inventory policy compliance
- Work with key stakeholders in other functional groups to continuously improve processes
- Support production and Supply Chain teams on system and supply-related issues, and provide feedback on process gaps with recommended control measures
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Post Secondary Degree or Diploma Business, Finance, Engineering or Supply Chain Management.
- 3 years’ working experience in the construction industry preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years inventory or related experience.
- Proven success in a supervisory, management or leadership role in Inventory Management.
- Knowledge of regional markets for the industry.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization and with external stakeholders.
- Strong writing skills for creating reports, correspondence, contracts, requests, bids, and other documentation.
- Demonstrated understanding of integrated supply chain and logistics concepts and theories.
- Exceptional forecasting ability with strong analytical and interpretive skills.
- Knowledge of inventory control procedures.
- Knowledge of accounting system/inventory control processes
- Basic mathematical skills with ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, percentages and averages required.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
- Valid driver's license.
- A minimum of 30- 40 percent travel required to base locations
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.