||Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
||Aecon Infrastructure brings together state-of-the-art technology, the most recent advances in process, and an experienced team dedicated to the work we perform, ranging from road building to institutional and commercial construction. Built on innovation, we constantly challenge ourselves to meet the demands of existing markets, and anticipate how to serve emerging ones.
|Business Unit Overview
||Aecon Utilities is Ontario's premier utility contractor, averaging more than 1000 skilled trades people, project managers and clerical staff. Our respected personnel are well equipped with more than 1500 major pieces of equipment, including one of the largest directional drilling fleets in Ontario.
||Reporting to the Manager of Estimating, this position will be responsible for estimating projects and assisting in the bid tendering process.
- Formulates all tender costs for quotation submission – labour, material, subcontracts, and equipment for Communications related work.
- Performs quantity take-offs from construction drawings.
- Reviews projects and formulate all costs for tender submissions.
- Maintains all other tender related paper work / administration.
- Monitors and provides job cost evaluations to management on active projects.
- Performs any, estimate related, oral or written communication with clients.
- Collaborates with superintendents during estimate preparation.
- Accountable for accuracy of tender submissions.
- Maintains tender file system on active and inactive projects.
- Assists with preparation of larger bid Proposals / Expressions of Interest.
- Provides technical support to field staff.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- Civil Engineering Technology Graduate
- 2-5 years in the Construction Industry
- Utiliti Estimating is a strong asset
- Self motivated with good organizational skills
- Capable of reading and understanding construction drawings and documents
- Good familiarity with MS Excel, MS Word and MS Project
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written
- Adaptable to flexible work schedule when required to meet deadlines
- Ability to work accurately under pressure
- Ability to work with others as a team
- Valid driver’s license and reliable, full time transportation
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.