Apply Now Tell a Friend
Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
||Aecon Infrastructure brings together state-of-the-art technology, the most recent advances in process, and an experienced team dedicated to the work we perform, ranging from road building to institutional and commercial construction. Built on innovation, we constantly challenge ourselves to meet the demands of existing markets, and anticipate how to serve emerging ones.
|Business Unit Overview
For over 100 years, Lockerbie & Hole Contracting Limited has provided construction services to the commercial, municipal, light industrial and institutional market sectors. The company has successfully completed a diverse range of projects throughout Canada including office towers, shopping centres, hotels, educational institutions, airports, resorts, hospital complexes, municipal water / waste water treatment plants and penal institutions.
Lockerbie & Hole is proud to be a Canadian company with offices and jobsites nationwide. Our experienced team plans, manages and constructs projects of all sizes using highly automated fabrication and construction practices with advanced technical, reporting & communication systems. Heavily involved in LEED certified construction, Lockerbie & Hole Contracting uses the latest green building practices to complete projects that are environmentally sensitive and sustainable for generations to come. Along with our leading edge safety programs, Lockerbie & Hole Contracting offers best in class mechanical and electrical construction management and complete mechanical and electrical services.
Reporting to the Project Manager or Senior Project Manager the Project Coordinator is responsible for working towards the successful acquisition, tendering, and running of various projects while ensuring the safety of the manpower and the work. The Project Coordinator will learn how to ensure that the project is completed safely, on schedule and in compliance with the contract and job cost estimates.
- Work with PM to prepare initial set up of job from estimating handover package, which includes verification of contract, proper coding for cost control, verifying insurances are completed
- Learn Project cost controls and forecast using proven L&H methods;
- Assist Quality Assurance and Quality Control performance on sites by collecting QA/QC documentation.
- Work with PM to learn how to negotiate & purchase major equipment & trade subcontracts;
- Work with PM to prepare Change Notices, estimates and costs;
- Learn awareness & implementation of L&H Environmental, Health and Safety policy & Attend various safety functions throughout the project duration.
- Learn consistent use of L&H standards within folder structure.
- Learn and ensure company policies and procedures are being adhered to.
- Understand how to keep Track of the labour force, together with Site Supervisors;
- Involved in creating a schedule and labour plan for the project
- Involved in controlling the shop drawing process,
- Involved with a master purchasing control sheet whereby all materials, equipment and subcontractors are listed as to when purchasing required.
- Learn how to prepare budgets, forecast and reduce risk through managing scope and contract change.
- Learn to track costs monthly to ensure billings exceed costs.
- Learn how to Estimate change orders
- Be involved in preparation of billings
- Clear communication with all, ensuring intent is clear at the onset of any negotiation or action
- Ensure equipment rentals, purchases are tracked and verified
- Help with final close out documentation and materials collections
- Learn how to do project status reports in terms of percent complete, & costs to date.
- Help manage the project team via scope and directions given by PM
- Establish positive customer relations with subcontractors and suppliers
- Establish customer relations and business opportunities as a representative of the Company.
- Take minutes of meetings, copy and file documents if required.
- Distribute and log change orders as directed by PM
- Learn to use change order pro.
- Distribute and log all RFI’s and SI’s as directed by PM
- Request and receive O&M’s, spare parts from suppliers and sub-trades.
- Manage packing slips
- Monitor tools and equipment on site via logs.
- Verify accuracy of time sheets before handing to PM for sign off
- Deal with on site office supplies, computers, and set up/demobilization as instructed by PM
- Package final site project files as directed by PM
|Required Knowledge & Skills
Possession of a mechanical trade certification or a similarly related degree or diploma.
- General knowledge of Piping/Mechanical/Electrical
- Minimum of 1 year mechanical construction experience.
- Organizational skills in order to meet multiple deadlines and handle multiple tasks within a high-pressure work environment;
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management and employees;
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both written and oral;
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook.
- Willingness for continuous learning and advancement of technical knowledge.
- A proactive approach to a safety conscious culture
- Detail oriented and customer-focused;
- Understanding of the company policies and how to apply them
- Ability to handle internal employee issues with tact and understanding
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.