||Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
||Aecon Infrastructure brings together state-of-the-art technology, the most recent advances in process, and an experienced team dedicated to the work we perform, ranging from road building to institutional and commercial construction. Built on innovation, we constantly challenge ourselves to meet the demands of existing markets, and anticipate how to serve emerging ones.
||Project Coordinator (03-800)
Under the general supervision of the Project Manager, the Project Coordinator will be responsible for assiting in the overall planning and coordinating of construction activities to ensure projects are completed in a timely and cost effective manner.
This is a new grad position with opportunities in Calgary and/or Edmonton
- Provide Superintendent with data and project analysis
- Support project Superintendent and foremen in management of projects and crews
- Track productivity, costs and progress on projects
- Perform quantity take-off from construction drawings
- Liaise with, and inform utilities on project schedule
- Communicate with customer technical support departments
- Distribute administrative documentation appropriately upon award of project
- Monitor and provide job cost reports to management on active projects
- Provide data and input for month-end reconciliations
- Create and submit progress and final invoicing to accounts receivable
- Maintain files and correspondence on active and completed projects
- Provide technical support to field staff
- Coordinate the preparation and submission of as-built drawings
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- Civil Engineering Technologist / Construction Technology Diploma - New Grad
- Engineering Degree in Civil Engineering considered an asset
- Previous Utility experience an asset
- Capable of reading and understanding construction drawings and documents
- Sound computer skills – MS Excel / Lotus, MS Word , MS Project, AutoCad
- Strong communication skills – oral and written
- Self motivated with good organizational skills
- Ability to work accurately under pressure
- Adaptable to flexible work schedule when required to meet deadlines
- Ability to work with others as a team
- Valid driver’s license
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.