||Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
||Aecon Energy offers a suite of unparalleled services to some of Canada’s largest energy suppliers, providing best-in-class solutions to the oil and gas, nuclear, co-generation, and renewable sectors.
|Business Unit Overview
||Aecon Utilities is Ontario's premier utility contractor, averaging more than 1000 skilled trades people, project managers and clerical staff. Our respected personnel are well equipped with more than 1500 major pieces of equipment, including one of the largest directional drilling fleets in Ontario.
Under the general supervision of the Chief Estimator, the Planner/Scheduler will be responsible for providing guidance and support to the Estimating team. The Planner/Scheduler will be responsible for production, development and maintenance of comprehensive project schedules during the stages of Estimate generation, bid submission, award and execution. Through these various stages, the Planner/Scheduler will gather and interpret data from a variety of sources, and throughout the projects life cycle, will determine problematic variances and will influence and advise the project team on corrective actions when necessary.
- Review or assist in reviewing proposal requirements related to scheduling and develop supporting data for bid submission and contract negotiations
- Assist or lead in the creation of comprehensive and realistic project schedules complete with key milestones, links, dependencies, critical path, and resourcing and cost loading where appropriate
- Utilize Primavera in the creation of all comprehensive schedules
- Assist or lead in the creation of comprehensive project schedules for the purpose of estimate validation and, upon award, to serve as a tool in the Project Controls / Project Management processes
- Assist or lead in final pre-construction schedule preparation while appropriately consolidating data from the final Estimate
- For major and complex projects, work collaboratively with the Estimating and Controls Analysts and project Supervisors to maintain project schedules and to continually monitor “actual” schedule against the “planned” schedule
- Work closely with Estimating and Controls Analysts and project Supervisors to ensure the proposed schedule accurately depicts the intended project execution strategy as well as the intended Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) to be used for project controls
- Gather and interpret project data from a variety of sources, to support in scheduling and monitoring duties
- Provide planning, scheduling guidance, support and reporting to the Estimating and Project Supervisory teams
- Responsible for the incorporation and monitoring of schedules and milestones associated with major material supply and project Subcontractors
- Assist with overall schedule impact analysis, related to project changes, in support of Scope Change proposal generation to the Owner
- In the case of major projects involving multiple Aecon Divisions, liaise with lead Scheduling staff for proper integration of the schedule data for utilities scope into the overall project
- Assist or lead in schedule projections to support optimal execution and accurate weekly project cost schedule and financial forecasts
- Adopt / incorporate all Aecon internal standard Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) coding systems
- Ensure suitable schedule data alignment to support Owner defined reporting requirements
- Assist or lead in the generation of Manpower loading diagrams for submission or to support project execution deliverables
- Assist or lead the performance of productivity analysis of construction operations in close collaboration with the Estimating and Controls Analyst
- Provide the Project Controls lead with timely, informed, and up-to-date project schedule information including progress, trends and forecasts, schedule and planning input to the weekly and monthly project reports
- Act as the Department lead, and primary schedule management expert, for the team
- Assist or lead in the management and analysis of historical project scheduling data, to support in claim preparation, where applicable
- Maintain Department scheduling Standards, in alignment with overall corporate strategies, for Project Controls and reporting
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- Advanced skills in creating, managing, manipulating complex, resource loaded schedule in Primavera (version 6 (P6) or later)
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience in project planning/scheduling within the construction industry. Field related construction experience would be considered an asset
- Post secondary education in Civil/Electrical Engineering or Construction Management (or equivalent)
- Sound knowledge of construction techniques, practices and fundamentals
- Proficient understanding of concepts around Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), productivity, Earned Value Management (EVM), critical path analysis, forecasting, and running “what if” scenarios.
- Full understanding of scheduling concepts such as Forward Pass, Backward Pass, Float, constraints, formatting, roles and resources, cost loading, optimization, variance analysis etc.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Cost Controls and Document Controls functions
- Experience with change management
- Superior analytical skills to identify key issues based on relevant data and provide appropriate solutions/recommendations
- Sufficient level of understanding on engineering, procurement, contracts and construction work processes
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Power Point and Primavera (P6)
- Working knowledge in Hard Dollar estimating software is an asset
- Willing to learn Estimating functions as backup duties
- Strong analytical skills, oral and written English communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage deadlines and multi-task.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships and work within a team environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Motivated, outstanding positive can-do attitude and desire to grow job in responsibility
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel as required
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.