Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
||Aecon Industrial provides high-performance construction services to a broad array of industrial clients across the country, and offers single-source solutions for multi-trade industrial construction and fabrication projects.
|Business Unit Overview
||Aecon Industrial - Central Canada is a market leader in engineering, procurement, construction and maintenance for the heavy industrial sector, including nuclear and non-nuclear power, oil & gas, petrochemical, steel and automotive. With a focus on power generation, Aecon Industrial serves the nuclear, hydroelectric, fossil, biomass, and natural gas industries. Maintenance and capital improvement projects are also key component of our field construction services.
In addition to the turnkey construction of power generation facilities, Aecon Industrial is known for the pioneering of prefabricated piping services to better manage site labour and the integration of specialized coating systems into the fabrication process.
Piping, custom steel, and module fabrication is performed in our 120,000 square foot Cambridge, Ontario facility using state-of-the-art, automated equipment. A fully automatic welding machine, numerous semi-automatic machines, as well as an on-site post weld heat treatment furnace and heated blasting/coating facility, gives us the shortest spool fabrication times in the industry.
||Quality Assurance Inspector, Co-op
Quality Control Inspector – Co-op is responsible for the performance of all quality functions and duties as related to the construction of both piping and structural fabrication within Aecon Fabrication SBU.
The position reports to the Quality Control Supervisor.
Perform inspection on pressure boundary and non-pressure boundary components, assemblies and structural fabrications in accordance with the applicable code of construction and/or customer specifications. Such inspections shall include but not be limited to:
- Dimensional inspections
- Review of Material Test Reports
- Receiving inspection
- Weld Visual inspection
- Magnetic particle inspection
- Liquid penetrant inspection
- Hardness testing
- Inspection for Ferrite content
- Positive material identification
- Material thickness verification or “D” Meter.
- Pressure Test Inspection
- Paint Coating Inspection
- Follow and maintain Inspection and Test Plans or Travelers.
- Perform internal weld monitoring as required.
- Perform Source Inspections, In-Process Inspections and Final Inspections
- Complete all associated documentation; Quality Control reports, sign-off on drawings, create as-built drawings, etc.
- Calibration of measuring and test equipment.
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- Be enrolled in a welding technology, QA/QC program or a related discipline at the University or College level
- NDE Certification: C.G.S.B. Level II in Magnetic Particle Examination and Liquid Penetrant Examination would be an asset.
- W178 Level I Visual Weld inspection or II Visual Weld Inspection
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Computer literate in MS Office
- B&PV Code ASME Section 1, B31.1, B31.3 & Section VIII Div. 1 experience would be an asset.
- Experience with Nuclear, ASME Code Section III experience would be an asset.
- Experience with structural codes – CSA W59 and structural welding-CWB.
|Post to Job Board
|Date Req Created
|Contract Start Date
|Contract End Date
|Competition Closing Date
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.