||Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
||Aecon Infrastructure brings together state-of-the-art technology, the most recent advances in process, and an experienced team dedicated to the work we perform, ranging from road building to institutional and commercial construction. Built on innovation, we constantly challenge ourselves to meet the demands of existing markets, and anticipate how to serve emerging ones.
|Business Unit Overview
||Aecon Construction and Materials Limited, a part of Aecon Group Inc., Canada’s Largest publicly traded infrastructure company (TSX: ARE) specializing in testing and inspection of Construction Materials, Geotechnical and Pavements Engineering.
||ACML - Brampton
||Under the direction of the Accounting Supervisor, the Junior Accountant will be responsible for providing financial and cost control support to the Asphalt, Aggregate and AC terminal businesses.
- Assist with month end close process (i.e. prepare and enter journal entries for the divisional financial statements)
- Assist with the preparation of monthly management reports, including financial statements and supporting schedules
- Analyze and reconcile the following on a monthly basis: inventory for both asphalt and aggregates, construction job costs,and other overhead accounts
- Reconcile intercompany balances with other Aecon divisions
- Assist with job costing analyis, as required
- Monitor property tax changes and reconcile payments
- Prepare monthly, the weekly cash forecast for Treasury
- Support adherence to Bill 198(ex. ensure proper approval and sign off on financial statements, working schedules, PO's and invoices)
- Oversee weekly sales reconciliation for Asphalt and Aggregates
- Assist with interim and year end audit requirements (i.e. both internal and external audits)
- Assist with preparation of business plan and the quarterly forecasts in both excel and Aecon’s budgeting system (Clarity), including entering and maintaining budgets and forecasts into the eCMS accounting system
- Document and ensure continuous process improvements are applied within area of responsibility
- Participate in special projects and initiatives, as required
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- Two to five years of accounting experience
- Related post-secondary education, and working towards an accounting designation (CPA, CGA, CMA, CA)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work effectively both individually and in a team
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency by demonstrating the ability to shift priorities to accomplish objectives within the required timelines
- Computer software proficiency with Microsoft Office; advanced Excel skills would be a strong asset
|Date Req Created
|Competition Closing Date
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer