· Plan and supervise the work of own forces and subcontractors on the project including determining methods of construction, manpower levels, material quantities, equipment and work schedules.
· Assume responsibility for tunnel productivity, tunnel boring machines, efficient use of materials and equipment and contractual performance of the project.
· Ensure project is constructed in compliance with drawings, specifications, project schedule and budget
· Ensure project is constructed within project quality guidelines.
· Maintain appropriate field documentation including safety records, daily progress reports, equipment usage and rental records, concrete logs, etc.
· Evaluate, select and apply tunnel related contract procedures to meet Client requirements.
· Responsible for the overall tunnel planning and scheduling to ensure that the project is constructed in a timely and cost effective manner.
· Monitors the overall progress of the project and takes corrective action where necessary.
· Represents the organization with the Client.
· Ensures that all functions and operations on the job are in compliance with local legislative requirements.
· Directs and maintains discipline and morale of the project staff.
· Ensures that Company policies and project procedures are being adhered to; including Company’s Safety and Environmental Policies.
· Ensures compliance with union agreements, if applicable.
· Reviews and provides approval of project cost reports and ensures projected job profits are accurate and current.
· Problem solving and resolution of technical site issues.
· Maintain a good working relationship with customers, consultants and subcontractors.
· Supervise and mentor tunnel technicians and engineers on site.
· Perform additional assignments per Project Manager’s direction.