I. ABOUT US
The joint venture between SNC-Lavalin and Aecon has been awarded a contract with Ontario Power Generation (OPG) to carry out the Darlington Retube and Feeder Replacement (RFR) project. The project involves refurbishment of all four reactors at the Darlington Generating Station and consists of two phases – a Definition Phase and an Execution Phase. The Definition Phase includes the construction of a full-scale reactor mock-up to simulate key elements of the refurbishment work, and the development, procurement and testing of specialized tooling required for the project. The Execution Phase involves refurbishment of the reactor cores using the tools and methods that were developed and tested during the Definition Phase.
II. PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Feeder Technical Lead will report to the Feeder Manager and will be responsible for assisting in planning all critical removal and installation activities. This role will require continuous communication with all project team members, and will be responsible for identifying and implementing continuous improvements of installation methods.
III. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Plans and implements an engineering and construction program, including defining the project plan, activities, milestones, and manpower requirements
· Develops and maintains the project schedule and budget for the engineering and construction segments of the project
· Provides status report of project milestones and adjustment to schedules
· Maintains meeting minutes
· Indentifies risks to Risk Manager and indentifies actions for entering into the action tracking log
· Controls expenditures within limitations of project budget
· Identifies project manpower requirements and coordinates manpower with appropriate trades and subcontractors
· Coordinates preparation and delivery of project deliverables, design documents, as built drawings, turnover documents, etc.
· Reviews project design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements and related specifications
· Coordinates activities relating to technical developments, scheduling and resolving engineering design and test problems
· Interfaces with customers to provide project status reports and ensure customer needs are met
· Provides status and progress reports to customer, project team, and management
· Assists and monitors safety programs and statistics as required
· Writes and reviews purchase specifications and subcontract documents
· Active involvement in quality assurance with regards to understating and implementing policies and procedures.
- OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Coordination and planning of all feeder removal installation activities.
· Develop execution/work plans for feeder installation utilizing 3D modeling.
· Special projects/initiatives (process improvements)
· Preparation of CWPs
· Preparation of training scope and packages
· Tooling testing and improvements
· Technical oversight (SME) fuel channel replacement process
- SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
· Lead small projects
· Supervision of training and mockup execution
· RFR advisory role
- KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
· Welding Specialist Feeder Tubes, Bellows
· Training program oversight
· Technical (Engineering or Engineering Technology) education
· 5 - 10 years engineering and construction project experience
· Proficient written (report writing) communication skills
· Knowledge of SharePoint applications an asset
· Strong interpersonal skills in communicating with a large team
- FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY
- EXTENT OF PUBLIC CONTACT
· Customers, suppliers, JV Partners
· Project Managers, project personnel, estimating personnel
· Trades personnel, union business agents
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS
· Various work locations in both field and office
· Travel to Oakville and Darlington as required