Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
||Aecon Infrastructure brings together state-of-the-art technology, the most recent advances in process, and an experienced team dedicated to the work we perform, ranging from road building to institutional and commercial construction. Built on innovation, we constantly challenge ourselves to meet the demands of existing markets, and anticipate how to serve emerging ones.
|Business Unit Overview
||Aecon Construction and Materials Limited is a leading civil construction contractor in Ontario with nearly a century of experience. Our capabilities encompass the full range of civil construction from complex highway infrastructure, airfields projects, residential and commercial developments to landfills, bridges and other major types of infrastructure projects. For more information please visit our website (www.aecon.com).
Under the supervision of the General Manager, the Structures Superintendent is responsible for the delivery and management of one or multiple large infrastructure projects. Under the general supervision of the VP, Construction, the Senior Superintendent is responsible to ensure that the Project is completed on schedule in compliance with the contract and the job cost estimate and all the work is completed safely to acceptable standards of quality and workmanship. The Senior Superintendent is also responsible for negotiating the scope and price of subcontracts with the Manager, Commercial Administration and Project Controls. Project sizes may vary from $2 million to Mega Projects (in excess of $1B) in lump sum scope. Will require 2-3 weeks of training in Toronto, ON prior to proceeding to Kingston, ON.
- Responsible for the overall planning and scheduling to ensure that the Project is constructed in a timely and cost effective manner
- Represent the company with the client on all project related work, issues and claims
- Accountable for resolution of any problems or inconsistencies which occur throughout the construction project. These may include procurement, tender processes, contract negotiations, scheduling, financial/budgeting, equipment, manpower, quality, safety standards and commissioning
- Ensure that contracts are kept current and being updated with change orders on a regular basis
- Review and provide approval of project cost reports and ensure projected job profits are accurate and current.
- Supervise, coordinate and monitor various job site activities through collaboration with the three main functions - Administration, Engineering and Construction
- Direct and maintain discipline and morale of the project staff
- Develop and maintain relationships with owners, consultants and subcontractors
- Prepare and review reports on progress, costs, materials used and adjust work schedules as required
- Ensure Aecon’s corporate health and safety program and quality control plans are adhered to along with project specific and local legislative site regulations and requirements
- Develop, maintain and ensure that effective methods of three-way communication are available to all project staff and Human Resources
- Accountable for compliance with union agreements
- Assist in bid process
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required
- Supervision of site Administrators, Project Coordinators and all on-site staff
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- A minimum of 15 years of construction experience in the civil construction industry
- A minimum of 10 years in a supervisory role
- Bachelor of Engineering degree in Civil Engineering
- Experienced in managing projects ranging between $2 million to $1 billion
- Knowledgeable and experienced in doing RFQ’s, RFP’s, RFI’s, along with full execution of lump sum bidding requirements
|Date Req Created
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits:
Annual Salary: $90,000 to $95,000 per year
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, pension, bonus, paid mileage.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.