||Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
|Business Unit Overview
Aecon Mining is one of Canada’s largest mining and land reclamation contractors in the oilsands today, a position that complements our already well-established role as a leading heavy industrial contractor in the region. The division is uniquely positioned to offer clients a broad range of services, from environmental reclamation and overburden removal to civil, mechanical, and general contracting services.
||Civil or Mining Engineering Student - Winter 2014
||Reporting to the Engineering Director and Project Coordinator, the Engineering Student is responsible for assisting the Project Coordinator to ensure that projects are constructed in a timely and cost effective manner. This is a 4 or 8 month opportunity beginning in January 2014 in our Aecon Mining division in Fort McMurray, Alberta.
- Adhere to Aecon’s Policy & Procedures Manual
- Participate in basic layout and field engineering activities
- Research and resolve drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, interferences and errors
- Quality control inspections of mining/civil works
- Aid in the preparation of estimates
- Assist the project engineering staff with any duties to include:
- The compilation of project turnover documentation
- Maintenance of project schedules as directed by Project Coordinator and Contracts Manager
- Completion of monthly progress and weekly reporting
- The preparation of “as built” drawings as required
- The preparation of punch lists describing work items to be done, sketches of work already completed, material requirement calculations, etc.
- Monitoring and tracking subcontractor work
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- Currently working towards a civil or mining engineering degree/civil or mining technical college diploma
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent Microsoft Outlook, MS Word and Excel skills
- Willingness to work at a variety of locations
|Contract Start Date
|Contract End Date
|Competition Closing Date
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.