Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
||Aecon Infrastructure brings together state-of-the-art technology, the most recent advances in process, and an experienced team dedicated to the work we perform, ranging from road building to institutional and commercial construction. Built on innovation, we constantly challenge ourselves to meet the demands of existing markets, and anticipate how to serve emerging ones.
|Business Unit Overview
||With hallmark projects past and present, Aecon Buildings continues to provide the GTA and southern Ontario with an extensive range of construction management services to some of today’s fast-growing industry segments, including education, healthcare, commercial and hospitality sectors. Clients from both the private and public sectors rely on Aecon’s experienced project teams for collaborative preconstruction, design-build, general contracting, tenant improvements and ongoing programs work.
||Project Manager (02400)
||Reporting to the Vice President, Buildings GTA, the Project Manager will be responsible for managing one or more construction projects, and overall project performance including costs, schedule, quality, project status and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Maintain excellent relationships with owner, architect, consultants, subcontractors, public
- Ensure project profitability, schedule adherence and customer satisfaction
- Provide monthly performance status including cost forecast, schedule and cash flow
- Carry out all project administration in accordance with company policies and procedures. Utilize Prolog, CGC and Suretrak
- Work with superintendent to develop and monitor the project schedule
- Develop recovery strategies when project schedule or budget are in jeopardy
- Review and update schedule, cost forecast and cash flow with Superintendent monthly
- Understand and enforce prime contract and subcontract responsibilities
- Resolve project disputes
- Negotiate and issue subcontracts and major purchase orders and monitor their progress and schedule
- Work with superintendent in establishing the construction plan and engineering methods
- Assist superintendent in establishing project safety and environment programs
- Work with accounting department to ensure project accounting is accurate
- Prepare and issue progress applications to owner in a timely manner
- Review/approve subcontractor applications for payment
- Expedite payment from owner within contract terms
- Meeting manager; act as chair on project meetings
- Process all change orders, including negotiating and assessing cost and schedule impact
- Involved in all facets of project close-out, including archiving of documents, maintenance and warranty manuals, deficiencies and warranty work
- Supervise, mentor, coach and train project personnel
- Liaise with building authorities and regulatory agencies
- Ensure compliance with Aecon union obligations
- Assist in securing new work by participating in proposals and presentations
- Participate in tender closings when requested
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required
|Required Knowledge & Skills
Minimum of 10 years of experience in building/construction industry
Excellent communication, organizational and supervisory skills
Excellent computer skills using, Primavera, Suretrak, MS Project Scheduling and Adobe Acrobat
Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
|Date Req Created
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.