We are one of the 50 Best Employers in Canada! By achieving a safe and positive work environment for all of our employees we aim to be the best our industry has to offer.
Canonbie Contracting Limited is a division of Aecon Group Inc., providing a full range of industrial and construction services including: civil, electrical and mechanical services of piping, insulation, scaffolding and module fabrication. Our superior commitment to the highest quality services stems from our core values of safety, integrity, excellence and profitability. Our exceptional mix of quality and safety is complemented by our employee’s knowledge, skills, experience and client commitment in every job.
||Civil Quality Control Inspector
Reporting to the Project Quality Supervisor, the Civil Quality Control Inspector will be responsible for managing all aspects of the QA/QC Program on the project.
The role of Quality Control professionals is to be knowledgeable in all areas of the construction projects. Responsible to both the customer and company, they become a valuable resource to the project from conception through completion.
- Completing visual inspections, dimension and orientation checks;
- Read alignment tools, both electronic and manual;
- Ensuring that tolerances are within client specification;
- Concrete pours testing with 3rd party testing company;
- Pile driving locations and CWB welding of the caps;
- Reporting the Welders to the Monthly CWB report to the Welding Supervisor;
- Verify the welders certificates and verify the correct welding procedure to be use;
- Confirming installation procedures and documenting as required;
- Documenting equipment preservation;
- Paint inspections;
- Load release;
- Maintaining current proof of vision requirements.
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- Civil Engeer with minimum of 5 years experience;
- Survey and grouting experience;
- Demonstrated computer software proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite;
- Excellent and proven organizational skills in order to meet multiple deadlines and handle multiple tasks within a high-pressure work environment;
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills;
- Ability to work effectively within a team;
- Willingness to continually learn and advance technical knowledge.
|Date Req Created
|Competition Closing Date
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
Canonbie Contracting strives to be an employer of choice offering employees a competitive salary and benefits package which includes:
- Employer matching Pension program
- Employee Share Purchase Program
- Employee Profit Ownership Program
- Immediate benefit eligibility
- 100% employer paid benefits package
- Health, dental and vision care coverage
- Short term and long term disability coverage
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Basic life insurance
- Basic accidental death and dismemberment insurance
Canonbie Contacting Limited is an equal opportunity employer.