• Execute best in class craft recruitment processes and marketing strategies to identify and attract top talent.
• Full cycle trades recruitment including, sourcing, pre-screening resumes, certification verification.
• Assist in the development and implementation of high quality craft recruiting procedures and processes.
• Work closely with the Project staff in developing project specific recruiting strategies.
• Ensure compliance with client pre-access requirements and collective agreement terms / Canonbie policies / guidelines.
• Report weekly / monthly / quarterly on a variety of workforce statistics including but not limited to: demographic statistics, forecasting, ratios, and geographic location of hires.
• Develop and maintain a strong understanding of the Collective Agreement, Supplementary Agreements and pre-jobs including wage schedules, and interpretations.
• Assist in the development of the Apprenticeship Management Program. This includes advancing apprentices through the apprenticeship program, updating apprenticeship data and becoming familiar with apprenticeship guidelines in various provinces.
• Management of Direct Service Provider contracts including the development, maintenance and monitoring.
• Liaise with CLAC for all craft related administration such as dispatching, benefits, short term disability and Ceridian Referrals.
• Verification and approval of craft rate changes, including staff to craft changes.
• Termination management, including monitoring and tracking of terminations, reason codes and developing process for craft employee exit interviews.
• Provide back-up to other HR team members including, hourly/salary recruitment, training function, and HR Coordination activities.