||Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
||Aecon’s Corporate division provides a support system which extends throughout all branches of the company and includes IT services, communications, finance and human resources, among others.
||The Applications Developer's role is to design and develop reporting and analytical solutions to support business requirements and decision making. This includes designing and developing ETL programs, OLAP cubes, meta-data models, reports, scorecards and dashboards using Cognos 10 BI Suite.
||• Design and develop relational and multi-dimensional reports
• Create meta-data models using Framework Manager
• Create and maintain OLAP cubes using Transformer
• Write ETL programs using Data Manager and T-SQL
• Extend and maintain the logical and physical Data Warehouse models using Erwin
• Design and develop scorecards using Metric Designer and Metric Studio
• Design and develop dashboards using Business Insight
• Administer and optimize end-to-end Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence environment
• Ensure appropriate prioritization and resolution of production incidents and new requests in accordance with the SLAs
• Contribute to the creation and implementation of standards and guidelines for Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence within the company
• Promote the Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence services across the organization
|Required Knowledge & Skills
||• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or a related field
• Experience with Cognos 8/10 BI Suite
• Knowledge and understanding of different Data Warehouse architectures and dimensional modeling
• Experience in ETL Design and Development using various ETL tools (Data Manager preferred)
• Experience with data modeling tools (Erwin Data Modeler, Embarcadero ER Studio, etc)
• Experience with database development (SQL Server 2005/2008/2012, AS400 DB2)
• Working knowledge of Business Objects, Crystal Reports and Web Intelligence is an asset
• Experience with SAP BW/BI is an asset
• Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, ITIL certifications are considered as an asset
• Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
• Ability to speak thoughtfully and professionally to business users and technical personnel alike.
|Date Req Created
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.