||Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
|Business Unit Overview
||Aecon Mining is one of Canada’s largest mining and land reclamation contractors in the oilsands today, a position that complements our already well-established role as a leading heavy industrial contractor in the region. The division is uniquely positioned to offer clients a broad range of services, from environmental reclamation and overburden removal to civil, mechanical, and general contracting services.
||Heavy Duty Mechanic
||Under general supervision, the Heavy Duty Mechanic will be responsible for carrying out skilled journeyman level work. Work involves preventative and corrective maintenance, inspections, modifications, installation/dismantling of systems and projects within the trade, and troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairs of earthmoving/mining/construction equipment.
- Ensures all Workplace Safety, Environmental and National Safety Code Policies and Regulations are being adhered to
- Read diagrams/schematics and manufacturers repair manuals for work procedures
- Operate a hoist and lift device to position machinery parts in a safe manner
- Inspect and examine vehicles and equipment
- Lubricate, service, diagnose, repair, assemble, and maintain vehicles and equipment
- Timely and accurate diagnosis and repair including computer connection/diagnosis with machine to identify fault codes,
- Keep abreast of changes to industry standards
- Provides guidance and instruction to less experienced, or apprentice maintenance personnel
- Performing hands on maintenance and repairs of all equipment
- Diagnosing electrical, mechanical and hydraulic troubles
- Making repairs according to the manufacturers specifications
- Suggest positive changes to policy and procedures as required
- Initiative, diligence and reliability
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Maintain excellent customer relations
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- Valid Class 1 license preferred; will consider Class 3 or 5
- Fewer than 6 demerit points on driver’s abstract
- Excellent mechanical knowledge
- Physically fit, heavy lifting required
- 3 years industry experience
- Journeyman Certificate (Red Seal) Heavy Equipment Technician
- Dual tickets will be considered an asset
- Effective interpersonal skills (spoken and written communication)
- High school graduate asset
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||As per Collective Agreement, base wage range $40.00/hr - $45.00/hr.
Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.