Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
||Aecon Industrial provides high-performance construction services to a broad array of industrial clients across the country, and offers single-source solutions for multi-trade industrial construction and fabrication projects.
|Business Unit Overview
Aecon Industrial is a market leader in engineering, procurement, construction and maintenance for the heavy industrial sector, including nuclear and non-nuclear power, oil & gas, petrochemical, steel and automotive. Aecon Industrial has a strong focus on power generation, nuclear, hydroelectric, fossil, biomass, and natural gas industries. Maintenance and capital improvement projects are also key component of our field construction services.
||Administrative Assistant - Human Resources Department
Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources you will perform a variety of administrative duties in support of the company’s human resources functions. Preparation and handling of confidential correspondence will be key.
- Responsible to track all incoming annual and semi-annual performance reviews
- Ensure that Tuition & Request for training forms are completed, organized, and tracked
- Update the training database to ensure all training is tracked including the costs
- Coordinate & organize training sessions (booking of rooms, equipment required, materials printed etc.) in all disciplines of training when needed.
- Ensure all scheduled courses are up to date on Aecon University.
- Receive and track all unsolicited resumes received internally and externally (i.e. candidate name, recruitment source, date, forwarded to hiring manager, etc.)
- Manage and have an organized system for all resumes
- Post all available positions internally and/or externally depending on the recruitment strategy (ie. Workopolis, newspaper ad, colleges, Aecon website, LinkedIn & internal postings etc.)
- Take down all filled positions and ensure the Aecon website is up-to-date with only current positions
- Check Hire Desk and any external websites we have posted within i.e. Workopolis, LinkedIn for resumes on all active positions
- Arrange and coordinate interview schedules
- Perform reference checks for potential candidates
- Prepare all offer letters together with the Human Resources Manager
- Keep a log of recruitment agencies that we engage with, contracts and contact names up to date
- Other duties as assigned
Co-op Recruitment & Campus Recruitment
Employee Orientation & Onboarding
- Schedule and coordinate Orientations with hiring manger, new employee and other managers for all salary and hourly non-union employees
- Prepare all Employee Orientation Packages
- Modify, Update and keep the orientation up date with any company changes
- Ensure that Employee Set up has been completed by the hiring manager and that everything is in order for the employee’s first day
- Responsible for the administration of GWL benefits for all employees within the GWL website
- Responsible for the auditing of all benefits within the Ultipro system for salary employees to ensure that they have been set up correctly by Pension & Benefits
- Responsible for handing out of new drug cards
- Liaison between outside Benefits Contacts and Aecon Industrial
- Responsible for the monthly billings for the hourly non-union employees
- In charge of investigating and answering employee questions associated with benefits
- In charge of investigating and answering employee questions associated with their pay acting as a liaison between the employee and payroll department
- Update the employee benefits tracking spreadsheet and audit against payroll records
Hourly Non-Union Employees
- Ensure that all Employee Change paperwork is complete for hourly non-union employees (Personal Data Changes, Status Changes, Pay Rate Changes, Terminations)
- Responsible for submitting hourly non-union change forms on a weekly basis to hourly payroll
- Keep ECMS up to date for the user defined fields & Ultipro
- Run the Business Intelligence reports as needed for hourly non-union
- Ensure that all Employee Change paperwork is complete for salary employees (Personal data changes, Status Changes, Pay rate Changes, Terminations)
- Responsible for submitting salary change forms to salary payroll on a bi-weekly basis
- Track all changes to the manual and update the HRMS manual quarterly
- Participate in any testing with system updates with the corporate HRIS administrator
- Maintain the overall vacation tracking for all of central
- Track Central SMT and HR vacation records
- Feed any new hire vacation entitlements to the appropriate vacation trackers
- Code all HR department invoices
- Liaise with A/P on any questions related to HR invoices
- Liaise with outside vendors on inquiries on invoices
- Generate new and ad hoc HRIS reports as needed by the HR department
In charge of monthly reports:
- Employee Count, Contract Employees, and Turnover Report
- Employee Contact expiring Report
- Helpstar Exit/Set-up tracking and inactive user report
- Audit and verify the distribution lists for Central and OSS
In charge of quarterly reports:
- Recruitment Breakdown, open positions, etc.
- Workforce Planning Spreadsheet
- Performance Management Annual and Semi Annual reviews complete
- Responsible for participating in the Compensation Statements production, review and delivery
- Maintain employee resumes for bids in a standard format
- Responsible to take meeting minutes for HR meetings and deliver to the group in a timely manner
- Maintain the org chart for the HR team
- Maintain the org charts for the intranet
- Maintains HR forms to ensure availability for employee use.
- Maintains HR Templates for HRs use
- Maintaining and updating highly confidential information on a daily basis. Shreds confidential documents to ensure confidentiality.
- Files administrative documents in employee files.
- Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
- Fosters Aecon’s Core Values the department and throughout the company.
- In charge of returning unsolicited calls to the HR department
- Performs a variety of clerical and administrative duties in support of Human Resources
- Other duties as assigned
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- Post secondary school education in Business Administration
- 2-5 years experience in supporting a department in an administrative role
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- AS400 and/or HRIS experience is an asset
- Accurate and detail oriented
- Excellent organizational & interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload, handling various job responsibilities at once
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team
|Date Req Created
|Contract Start Date
|Contract End Date
|Competition Closing Date
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.