||Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
||Aecon Infrastructure brings together state-of-the-art technology, the most recent advances in process, and an experienced team dedicated to the work we perform, ranging from road building to institutional and commercial construction. Built on innovation, we constantly challenge ourselves to meet the demands of existing markets, and anticipate how to serve emerging ones.
|Business Unit Overview
Aecon Mining is one of Canada’s largest mining and land reclamation contractors in the oilsands today, a position that complements our already well-established role as a leading heavy industrial contractor in the region. The division is uniquely positioned to offer clients a broad range of services, from environmental reclamation and overburden removal to civil, mechanical, and general contracting services.
||Civil or Mining Engineering Student - Fall 2013 (80-800)
||Reporting to the Engineering Director and Project Coordinator, the Engineering Student is responsible for assisting the Project Coordinator to ensure that projects are constructed in a timely and cost effective manner. This position is a 4 or 8 month opportunity beginning in September 2013 in our Aecon Mining division in Fort McMurray, Alberta.
- Adhere to Aecon’s Policy & Procedures Manual
- Participate in basic layout and field engineering activities
- Research and resolve drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, interferences and errors
- Quality control inspections of mining/civil works
- Aid in the preparation of estimates
- Assist the project engineering staff with any duties to include:
- The compilation of project turnover documentation
- Maintenance of project schedules as directed by Project Coordinator and Contracts Manager
- Completion of monthly progress and weekly reporting
- The preparation of “as built” drawings as required
- The preparation of punch lists describing work items to be done, sketches of work already completed, material requirement calculations, etc.
- Monitoring and tracking subcontractor work
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- Currently working towards a civil or mining engineering degree/civil or mining technical college diploma
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent Microsoft Outlook, MS Word and Excel skills
- Willingness to work at a variety of locations within Alberta
|Date Req Created
|Contract Start Date
|Contract End Date
|Competition Closing Date
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.