||Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
||Aecon Industrial provides high-performance construction services to a broad array of industrial clients across the country, and offers single-source solutions for multi-trade industrial construction and fabrication projects.
|Business Unit Overview
||Aecon Industrial is a market leader in engineering, procurement, construction and maintenance for the heavy industrial sector, including nuclear and non-nuclear power, oil, gas, petrochemical, steel and automotive. With a focus on power generation, Aecon Industrial serves the nuclear, hydroelectric, fossil, biomass, and natural gas industries. Maintenance and capital improvement projects are also key component of our field construction services.
||Jr. Project Coordinator (Co-op)
Reporting to the Project Manager the Junior Project Coordinator is a highly motivated self starter that may be required to visit various projects in Southern Ontario depending on business requirements.
Currently we have several co-op opportunities located in Cambridge, Oakville/Pickering & Huntsville/North Bay.
- Provide support to the Project Manager
- Project scheduling, planning and manpower charts
- Equipment and material sourcing and fabrication control
- Coordination of trades/ subcontractors
- Quantity take-off, drawing interpretation, shop drawing review
- Assist with invoicing and preparing supporting documentation, tracking & toll request forms
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- Technical background – Interest and becoming a P.Eng
- Time management and organizational skills
- Team player
- Computer proficiency
- Written/oral communications
- Presentation skills
- Organizational Skills
- Working knowledge of construction practices is an asset
|Competition Closing Date
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.