||Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
||Aecon Industrial provides high-performance construction services to a broad array of industrial clients across the country, and offers single-source solutions for multi-trade industrial construction and fabrication projects.
|Business Unit Overview
Aecon Industrial - Western Canada provides a complete range of services to the oil & gas, petrochemical, pulp & paper, mining, and power generation sectors. Our experienced team plans, manages and constructs projects of all sizes using cost-effective solutions to complete client projects on time and on budget. The company offers superior scheduling, quality control, risk management and a leading edge safety program.
Our team provides best in class construction management and industrial services including:
- Pipe Fabrication, and Module Assembly
- Civil (concrete)
- On-Site Utility Installations
- Process Piping
- Equipment Assembly & Installation
- Electrical Installation
- Instrumentation and Controls
- Maintenance & Shutdowns
- Materials handling
- Insulation, and Fireproofing
- Boiler Installation, Maintenance & Repair
||Aecon Industrial Western
||Accounts Payable Lead (17-001)
Reporting directly to the Administration Manager, this position will be an integral part of a team responsible for providing accounting support and lead the accounts payable function in achieving the objectives of Aecon Industrial Western.
- Managing A/P expenditures and assisting with cash forecasts.
- Coaching accounts payable staff.
- Posting accounts payables.
- Preparation of cheque runs and EFT payments.
- Handling vendor enquiries and disputes.
- Reconciling of supplier accounts and projects.
- Assist with monthly accruals and journal entries.
- Supporting field staff and purchasing.
- Assisting with filing functions as required.
- Review expense claims to ensure compliant with company policies.
- Direct daily activities of A/P staff.
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- Related post secondary education or working towards a degree or diploma is considered an asset;
- Strong organizational skills in order to meet multiple deadlines and handle multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail.
- Desire to take ownership of tasks assigned and willingness to learn.
- Proven skills in leading teams.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work effectively with a team environment.
- Strong excel
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.