Apply Now Tell a Friend
Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
For over 100 years, Lockerbie & Hole has provided construction services to the commercial, municipal, light industrial and institutional market sectors. The company has successfully completed a diverse range of projects throughout Canada including office towers, shopping centres, hotels, educational institutions, airports, resorts, hospital complexes, municipal water / waste water treatment plants and penal institutions.
|Business Unit Overview
Lockerbie & Hole is proud to be a Canadian company with offices and jobsites nationwide. Our experienced team plans, manages and constructs projects of all sizes using highly automated fabrication and construction practices with advanced technical, reporting & communication systems. Heavily involved in LEED certified construction, Lockerbie & Hole uses the latest green building practices to complete projects that are environmentally sensitive and sustainable for generations to come. Along with our leading edge safety programs, Lockerbie & Hole offers best in class mechanical and electrical construction management and complete mechanical and electrical services.
||Lockerbie & Hole Construction
||Human Resources Manager
Reporting to the Human Resources Director, the Human Resources Manager will be accountable for the management of all Human Resources related functions including recruitment, selection & retention, benefits & pension administration, training & development, performance management and employee relation and compensation issues.
- Provide guidance, direction and advice to the Lockerbie & Hole Management Team regarding employment related issues including but not limited to the interpretation of company policies & procedures, recruitment & selection strategy, performance management, terminations, strategic planning, training & development and benefits administration.
- As a member of the Lockerbie & Hole Senior Management Team participate as a strategic business partner in strategic planning, budgeting, supporting strategic initiatives, and developing and reporting on HR specific key performance indicators.
- Develop, implement, coordinate policies and programs covering employment, wage & salary administration, orientation and training, benefits and employee services.
- Evaluate training needs, coordinate training needed, re-enforce training, and track training.
- Develop the use of the HR module and increase the effectiveness of the data entered into the system to provide immediate access to employment related information for reporting purposes.
- Liaison with the payroll department and management team regarding all employment related information and the accuracy of processing employment information into the system.
- Develop and implement procedures and processes to increase the efficiency of our business.
- Ensure the interests of employees and company are considered in accordance with HR policies and applicable government laws and regulations – i.e.: ESA, Human Rights Code.
- Performance Management System – oversee the annual performance review process. Address any performance issues with the individuals and their respect management group.
- Work in conjunction with the Management team on all Recruitment related activities and develop strategies to increase the effectiveness of our hiring processes. Post jobs accordingly, advertise and screen candidates for selection.
- Assure that the division’s compensation program is competitive and equitable for the region based on market surveys and Aecon wide salary data.
- Exercise general supervision of overall company benefit programs and services.
- Employee Recognition programs – service awards, retirements, community service,
- Manage and oversee the daily direction of the Human Resources Generalist and Administrator.
- Collaborate with the HR Corporate group regarding all human resources functions.
- Work in conjunction with the Management Team on any special project initiatives in relation to employment strategy.
- Other duties as assigned.
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- Post secondary school education in Human Resources Management
- CHRP designation
- 2-4 years of Management experience
- 7+ years HR Generalist experience
- Microsoft Office Products
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to build a consensus among the management team to support human resources strategies.
|Date Req Created
|Competition Closing Date
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.