Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
Aecon Industrial provides high-performance construction services to a broad array of industrial clients across the country, and offers single-source solutions for multi-trade industrial construction and fabrication projects.
|Business Unit Overview
Aecon Industrial - Western Canada provides a complete range of services to the oil & gas, petrochemical, pulp & paper, mining, and power generation sectors. Our experienced team plans, manages and constructs projects of all sizes using cost-effective solutions to complete client projects on time and on budget. The company offers superior scheduling, quality control, risk management and a leading edge safety program.
Our team provides best in class construction management and industrial services including:
- Pipe Fabrication and Module Assembly
- Civil (concrete)
- On-Site Utility Installations
- Process Piping
- Equipment Assembly & Installation
- Electrical Installation
- Instrumentation and Controls
- Maintenance & Shutdowns
- Materials handling
- Insulation and Fireproofing
- Boiler Installation, Maintenance & Repair
|Company [Job Posting]
||Aecon Group Inc.
||INLH - A\L&H Range Rd Adm
||Aecon Industrial Western
||Project Accountant (17-001)
Reporting to the Finance Manager or Sr. Project Accountant, the Project Accountant will be responsible for all accounting, payroll and administrative functions that support the project.
- Project accounting and percentage complete accounting.
- Prepare detailed cash, cost and revenue forecasts.
- Cash planning and complete billings based on contract requirements
- Provide financial support and direction to other managers.
- Contract administration.
- Prepare and analyze trend analysis and productivity factors.
- Manage or enter the projects payroll function depending on size and scope of project.
- Assist with the accounts payable function and PST.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Track and manage sub-contracts to ensure funding, correct cost coding, and approval.
- Assist Project Manager with monthly job reporting.
- Maintain project files, which include filing invoices and other documentation as required.
- Supervise Timekeepers and Admin Staff related to project(s)
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- Three (3) plus years in a project accounting role.
- Post secondary education: Bachelor of Commerce Degree or Business Administration Diploma.
- Completion of a CA, CGM, CGA or strong desire to pursue an accounting designation is considered an asset.
- Accounting and construction union payroll experience an asset.
- Knowledge of payroll principles, practices, and provincial Employment Standards an asset.
- Demonstrated computer software proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and "Time Control" software.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent organizational skills in order to handle multiple deadlines and tasks within a high-pressure work environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work on a construction project site (according to the shift schedule dictated by our client) is required.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner.
- eCMS experience an asset.
|Date Req Created
|Competition Closing Date
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.