||Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
Aecon Energy provides high-performance construction services to a broad array of clients across the country, and offers single-source solutions for multi-trade industrial construction and fabrication projects.
|Business Unit Overview
||Aecon Atlantic provides fabrication and construction services for the marine, petrochemical and industrial sectors.
||Nova Scotia [NS]
||The main focus of the EHS Advisor is to actively promote a health, safety and environmental culture to all levels within the organization and ensure implementation and adherence to the Aecon Environmental, Health and Safety Management System. The is a permanent full-time salaried position working for one of Canada's 50 Best Employers.
- Conduct Employee health and safety orientation for new employees, owners and clients
- Training supervisors and staff on Aecon Health, Safety and Environmental Manual
- Coordinate training such as WHMIS, First Aid, Fork lift, Propane etc.
- Source skilled trades to meet the requirements of the operations groups – Trade administration
- Maintain the qualifications database and coordinate training as required
- Conduct workplace inspections and audits.
- Facilitate behavioral observation in the workplace
- Update Material Safety Data Sheets as required.
- Develop workplace plans – such as emergency evacuations, fire emergency, traffic controls, fall protection
- Post and maintain Safety bulletins, posters, distribution of safety material, supplies and equipment
- Safety presentations to workers, sub-contractors and clients
- Participate as a management member of Joint Health and Safety Committees.
- Conduct Accident/Incident/Near Miss investigations
- Provide input for studies and analysis of accident trends.
- Inspects project facilities and recommends corrective actions.
- Working with the WCB Claims Manager to assist with workers compensation claims and associated activities.
- Support and assist in the development of return to work and modified work programs
- Mediate health and safety issues for resolution
- Liaise with Government agencies (site)
- Prepare and assist with external safety audits
- Coordination of environmental issues
- Gather and provide statistical information to estimating for tender packages
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- Experience in the Health and Safety field
- Minimum 2 years experience in construction Health and Safety an asset
- The ability to work with limited supervision and be proactive
- Familiar with construction/manufacturing terminology
- Working knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Valid driver’s license
|Date Req Created
|Competition Closing Date
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.