||Aecon Infrastructure brings together state-of-the-art technology, the most recent advances in process, and an experienced team dedicated to the work we perform, ranging from road building to institutional and commercial construction. Built on innovation, we constantly challenge ourselves to meet the demands of existing markets, and anticipate how to serve emerging ones. For more information please visit our website (www.aecon.com).
|Company [Job Posting]
||Aecon Group Inc.
||Project Coordinator, QMS and Scheduling
||Cert. Engineering Technician/Technologist (CET)
Professional Engineer (P.Eng)
||Aecon Infrastructure currently has an opportunity for a QMS/Scheduling Coordinator to join our ACML team. Under the general supervision of the Manager of Engineering and Quality Control, the QMS/Project Coordinator establishes procedures and methods to meet site QA/QC Engineering requirements.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and maintains the master schedule and project specific schedules for ACML
- Assists Superintendents, Estimators and Project Coordinators with coordination of scheduling and quality control
- Analyzes subcontractor requirements
- Establishes procedures and methods to meet project QC and QMS requirements
- Provides In-House formwork and false work design
- Coordinates inspection and audit services for compliance to QMS
- Develops and maintains Primavera P6 schedules for projects as assigned and provides direction to Project Coordinators
- Other duties as required
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides back-up support for site staff
- Monitors subcontractors to ensure conformance with Aecon’s Quality Control plan and specific project specifications
- Maintains Quality Control records and Certification files
- Represents Aecon at project meetings
- Supervises other Project Coordinators in Quality Control recording and development of schedules
EXTENT OF PUBLIC CONTACT
- Deals with MTO, consultants, and other agencies in person and on the telephone
- Deals with suppliers and vendors in person and on the telephone
- Communicates with Supervisors and Management to discuss onsite issues
- Communicates with co-workers, Superintendents, Project Foreman and Project Coordinators to interpret
information and discuss project related issues
- Deals with subcontractors in person and on the telephone
- This role will require light physical effort (i.e; bending, reaching, carrying light items, walking, standing) and visual effort (i.e; concentrated reading of documentation and computer terminals).
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- P. Eng. or C.E.T in civil engineering or qualified to apply for designation
- Training in Quality Control
- Strong Project Management skills
- Experience in civil construction and contracting industry
- General knowledge of heavy civil engineering field
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Strong computer skills, using MS Office and specialized Engineering software including, Primavera P6
- Knowledge in basic business and accounting concepts
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.