||Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
||Aecon Infrastructure brings together state-of-the-art technology, the most recent advances in process, and an experienced team dedicated to the work we perform, ranging from road building to institutional and commercial construction. Built on innovation, we constantly challenge ourselves to meet the demands of existing markets, and anticipate how to serve emerging ones.
|Business Unit Overview
||Aecon Mining is one of Canada’s largest mining and land reclamation contractors in the oilsands today, a position that complements our already well-established role as a leading heavy industrial contractor in the region. The division is uniquely positioned to offer clients a broad range of services, from environmental reclamation and overburden removal to civil, mechanical, and general contracting services.
||Articulated Rock Truck Operator (80-800)
||Under general supervision, the Articulated Rock Truck Operator will be responsible for all types of haul work throughout the client’s worksite in the oilsands region. Work involves operating Articulated Rock Trucks; site related off-highway driving, highway driving and by ensuring materials are transported to and from specific areas in a safe manner. Articulated Rock Trucks may include, but not limited to Caterpillar 740, Caterpillar 740 Ejector and Volvo CE.
- Conduct pre-trip/walk-around safety inspection
- Ability to operate all equipment functions independently and safely
- Efficiently and safely transport raw materials to and from specific areas as directed
- Interpret stakes and signage on the land
- Start engines, move throttles, switches, or levers, or depress pedals to operate equipment
- Quickly and repeatedly adjust controls of machine to exact positions as necessary
- Coordinate machine actions with other activities, positioning or moving of loads and conduct in response to hand or audio signals from team members
- Work under tight timeframes
- Operator will work daily to ensure deadlines are met in a changing environment
- Ability to work in outdoor weather conditions included but not limited to extreme temperatures (heat and cold), rain, sleet, snow, wind, and/or wet/humid conditions
- Adhering to site specific posted speed limits
- Adhering to site specific rules and regulations
- Maintain safe driving distances
- Following site specific rules and regulations
- Keeping abreast of changes to industry standards and Aecon policies
- Protect and promote the interest of this company in all matters and to take actions as required to satisfy such responsibilities
- Ensuring communication between members of the team
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Maintain excellent communication
- Working as a member of the team by assisting other members when required
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- Valid Class 5 license
- Physically fit
- 1-3 years industry experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills (spoken and written communication)
- Complete Aecon specific training in a reasonable amount of time
- Complete client’s site specific training as required
- High school graduate is an asset
- Ability to be dispatched through the local union as per the collective agreement
- Ability to be dispatched to any of the oil sands clients in the Wood Buffalo region
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||As per Collective Agreement, base wage range $35.00 - $40.00
Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.