||Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
||Aecon Infrastructure brings together state-of-the-art technology, the most recent advances in process, and an experienced team dedicated to the work we perform, ranging from road building to institutional and commercial construction. Built on innovation, we constantly challenge ourselves to meet the demands of existing markets, and anticipate how to serve emerging ones.
|Business Unit Overview
||Aecon Utility Engineering (AUE) a division focusing on engineering design and management, employing upwards of 40 engineers, technicians, project managers and clerical staff.
AUE was formed in 2005 to supply engineering and design services and support for our key Utilities clients. AUE’s design expertise covers the full spectrum of underground and overhead design and project management services for all types of utility construction including Oil & Gas Transmission, Distribution, and Storage, Hydro Electric Distribution and Transmission, Telecommunications, and District Energy Systems.
||CAD Design Technician (03803)
||Reporting to the Project Manager, the CAD Design Technician will be responsible for all facets of overhead and underground electrical distribution design drafting for our existing and perspective Utility clients.
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- 2-4 years of experience in overhead and underground electrical distribution design
- Proficient with the use of computers and software, particularly AutoCAD, Microstation and MS Office
- Post secondary education in Civil or Electrical Engineering (or equivalent)
- Sound knowledge and experience with CAD applications and practices
- Valid class “G” Ontario driver’s license and own transportation
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills
- CET certified or CET eligible
- Excellent safety and attendance record and previously demonstrated strong safety awareness
- Self motivated, ability to learn new skills, assume new responsibilities and work cooperatively in a team environment
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.