||Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
||Aecon Infrastructure brings together state-of-the-art technology, the most recent advances in process, and an experienced team dedicated to the work we perform, ranging from road building to institutional and commercial construction. Built on innovation, we constantly challenge ourselves to meet the demands of existing markets, and anticipate how to serve emerging ones.
|Business Unit Overview
||Aecon Mining is one of Canada’s largest mining and land reclamation contractors in the oilsands today, a position that complements our already well-established role as a leading heavy industrial contractor in the region. The division is uniquely positioned to offer clients a broad range of services, from environmental reclamation and overburden removal to civil, mechanical, and general contracting services.
||EHS Administrator (80-800)
||Under the general supervision of the Director, EHS, the Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Administrator performs a variety of administrative duties to support the EHS Team in the Aecon Mining division. This role will support our Mining operations at the Syncrude sites in the Fort McMurray, Alberta area on a Sunday to Thursday schedule.
- Operational and divisional support and resource for the EHS Team
- Organize, monitor and manage the statistical reporting and compiling process for submission of weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly and statistical data and reports; ensuring all EHS personnel have complete instruction and understanding of the requirements and meet deadlines for reporting
- Work in conjunction with EHS Advisors to coordinate safety training and employee orientations
- Ensuring that the safety training matrix is up to date
- Provide regular feedback to the EHS Advisor Team on the activities and progress of site and assist in any areas needing improvement
- New Project Set-Up: Create start up package for projects, including all of the appropriate and necessary templates and documentation that will be required for the job
- Assist in the administration of EHS Policies, Manuals, Standards, Procedures, Practices and Rules
- Ordering and shipping of various supplies and resources needed for project site
- Various scanning, photocopying, faxing, filing, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- Proficient use Microsoft Office products
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Ability to be self motivated and work often without direction
- Effective and proven organizational skills to meet multiple deadlines and handle multiple tasks in a high pressure and demanding work environment
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Previous experience in an EHS administration role and/or HSA certification is an asset
- OSSA and CSTS Certifications required
- Ability to work Sunday - Thursday schedule
|Date Req Created
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.