||Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
|Business Unit Overview
||Aecon Construction Management Inc. is Aecon's western civil construction arm. ACMI is a construction management company that brings together Aecon’s various business units to provide a broad range of civil and utility construction services, as a seamless solution to our clients. ACMI provides complex highway infrastructure, airfields projects, bridges, light rail rapid transit, tank farms, and other major types of infrastructure projects.
Under the general supervision of the Senior Estimator or General Manager, Construction, the Estimating Coordinator works with the estimating team and provides engineering and administrative assistance for project estimates and bid submissions.
- Provide technical assistance to Estimating team through the analysis of tender drawings and preparation of accurate material quantity takeoffs
- Read, interpret and understand contract drawings and specifications
- Incorporate addendums to plans and specifications into ongoing estimates
- Solicitation of sub-trade pricing for tenders both in person and on the phone
- Analyze sub-trade quotes
- Assist in the initial planning and scheduling of construction projects through preparation of Primavera P6 critical path schedules
- May assist in the preparation of project estimates using estimating software
- Such other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- Education to include a Civil Engineering technical college diploma
- 1-2 years of technical training or experience in the construction industry is an asset
- Strong computer skills using MS Office
- Experience with Primavera P6 scheduling software is an asset
- Proven ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Attention to detail
- Superior communication skills both written and oral
- Ability to work well under pressure with a focus on deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.