Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
||Aecon Energy offers a suite of unparalleled services to some of Canada’s largest energy suppliers, providing best-in-class solutions to the oil and gas, nuclear, co-generation, and renewable sectors.
||Technical Records Technician
||Cert. Engineering Technician/Technologist (CET)
Certified Information Professional (CIP)
Certified Records Manager (CRM)
The Technical Records Technician is a key member of the Technical Records Management program whose primary focus is on the systematic control of records relating to physical assets. The technician is responsible for searching, retrieving, sorting, analyzing and categorizing physical and electronic records. The technician is responsible to identify where/when duplicate records exist so that de-duplicate and disposition action can be taken by others. An integral part of the continuous improvement cycle of the program, the technician is expected to identify efficiency and effectiveness enhancements.
- Retrieve physical records from on site storage and complete requests for retrieval from off site locations
- Pre-process of documents for further analysis or imaging
- Review, analyze and sort records based on specific research criteria
- Enter descriptive and other metadata before storing/archiving electronic records
- Compare data and information discovered in the records to existing content in the corporate mapping system (GIS)
- Maintain records research tracking sheets of work completed
- Implement quality control procedures to ensure integrity of documents, electronic Images, and/or records metadata.
- Identify improvements in processes, systems, technology and procedures
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- Minimum 3 years experience using computer systems to manage data, records and information is required
- Must posses a College diploma or University degree in a technical discipline (such as Civil, Mechanical, GIS, Surveying) or in a business administrative program with a focus on records & information management (such as library & archival sciences, media technology management, librarian & information technician)
- Experience reading technical & engineering drawings is required
- Minimum 2 years experience as a Records or Document Management Clerk preferred
- Experience of drafting, mapping & data collection methods in the natural gas industry is preferred
- Experience with mapping (GIS) and drafting (CAD) systems would an asset
- Must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings, construction asbuilts and technical records
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
- Strong computer skills required – Hardware & Peripherals, Relational Database, Drafting (CAD) and Mapping (GIS)
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to efficiently proof read documents
- Ability to work in a process based environment with high work volumes and transactions
- Proven ability to plan, organize and execute task objectives required
- Software knowledge preferred: Bentley Digital InterPlot, MS Outlook, MS Excel, Intergraph G/Technology, Bentley MicroStation
- Must be able to lift and manoeuvre standard records retention boxes in the 10 to 20 kg range
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.