Apply Now Tell a Friend
Canonbie Contracting Limited is a division of Aecon Group Inc., providing a full range of industrial and construction services including: civil, electrical and mechanical services of piping, insulation, scaffolding and module fabrication. Our superior commitment to the highest quality services stems from our core values of safety, integrity, excellence and profitability. Our exceptional mix of quality and safety is complemented by our employee’s knowledge, skills, experience and client commitment in every job.
We have built our reputation as one of the 50 Best Employers in Canada by achieving a positive, safe, and productive environment for all our employees. Our goal is to employ only the best our industry has to offer.
|| With our head office in Sherwood Park, Alberta, we are ideally located to provide exceptional service to all of our clients.
|Company [Job Posting]
||Aecon Group Inc.
||INCA - Home Office
||EHS Training Coordinator
||Reporting to the EHS Manager, the EHS Trainer will be responsible for the coordination and administration of the training functions primarily supporting Canonbie Contracting Ltd.
- Coordinating training initiatives and rollouts for various functional and technical disciplines within the organization
- Assessing and improving program effectiveness through employee feedback, performance metrics, and recommendations for continuous improvemen
- Assist the development, scheduling and implementing corporate Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) and training programs
- Plan, coordinate, and schedule in-house and external training rooms as well as physical requirements such as training materials, AV equipment, snacks/lunch, etc
- Assist the Human Resources Manager and Health, Safety and Environment Officer in researching, sourcing, scheduling and organizing corporate training programs
- Deliver in-house training programs
- Support day-to-day administration of internal and external training programs including but not limited to ensuring all necessary documentation is received and filed appropriately in Human Resources, all annual training requirements are scheduled, completed and recorded in a timely manner, communicating and scheduling annual training requirements with necessary parties (i.e. employee and their direct supervisor/manager)
- Training database development and maintenance (Intellex)
- Various administrative duties when required
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- Minimum 1 year experience in an EHS related role
- Experience operating in a training coordinator role in an adult learning environment an asset
- Construction industry knowledge and experience would be considered an asset
- Above average computer skills utilizing MS Office applications
- Excellent communication skills
- Great customer service focus and an ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to liaise and form positive relationships with all levels of employees and ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to form positive relationships with all levels of employees and management.
|Post to Job Board
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
Canonbie Contracting strives to be an employer of choice offering employees a competitive salary and benefits package which includes:
Immediate benefit eligibility
- 100% employer paid benefits package
- Health, dental and vision care coverage
- Short term and long term disability coverage
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Basic life insurance
- Basic accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Employer matching pension program
- Employee Share Purchase Program
- Employee Profit Ownership Program
||Canonbie Contracting is an equal opportunity employer.