We are one of the 50 Best Employers in Canada! By achieving a safe and positive work environment for all of our employees we aim to be the best our industry has to offer.
Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
||Aecon Industrial provides high-performance construction services to a broad array of industrial clients across the country, and offers single-source solutions for multi-trade industrial construction and fabrication projects.
|Business Unit Overview
||Aecon Industrial is a market leader in engineering, procurement, construction and maintenance for the heavy industrial sector, including nuclear and non-nuclear power, oil, gas, petrochemical, steel and automotive. With a focus on power generation, Aecon Industrial serves the nuclear, hydroelectric, fossil, biomass, and natural gas industries. Maintenance and capital improvement projects are also key component of our field construction services.
||Senior Project Manager
||A Senior Project Manager is completely responsible for the EBIT performance of the assigned project(s) irrespective of the sector or commercial model in which the work is being performed. Authority limitations are in accordance with and remain as identified in the Policies & Procedures manual. A Senior Project Manager is responsible for the development of business opportunities as they relate to the preparation and delivery of proposals including the execution strategies and procedures utilized for the delivery of projects.
The responsibility for the professional development of Engineers in Training and other technical staff resides with the Senior Project Manager as does the make-up and composition of talent for each project under their control.
- Prepare short and long term projections and forecasts for identified projects
- Prepare project revenue targets and budgets and update as required
- Responsible for the development of business opportunities as they apply to the account.
- Facilitate a first hand business relationship with customers at decision-making levels.
- Current understanding of association and professional requirements.
- Identification of EIT licence requirements.
- Review of PEO salary standards.
PROPOSAL AND ESTIMATING
- Establish strategies for success of proposals.
- Participation and understanding of the final proposal pricing.
- Participation in the preparation and delivery of all proposal documents.
- Risk analysis, including review of Terms and Conditions, pre-bid recommendation forms, PRC and chairing pre-bid meetings.
- Participation in the negotiation of the proposal towards award.
- Identification of threats to project delivery and establishment of suitable counter measures.
- Establish resources required to execute projects.
- Facilitate project turnover meetings and foster information exchange from proposal team.
- Select the management and supervision team to execute the projects.
- Ultimate responsibility for the execution of the work in terms of safety, project management strategies, schedule, cost, manpower and client communications.
- Total responsibility for financial, accounting, reporting associated with the project.
- Post job analysis of all major projects.
- Responsible for management of claims to their ultimate settlement.
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- Minimum 10 years of industry experience
- Business development & commercial knowledge
- Understanding of applicable legislative and licensing requirements
- Negotiation and dispute resolution skills
- Technical background with professional accreditation (P.Eng.)
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Problem solving and organizational skills
- Planning and organizational talent to facilitate desired outcome
- Multiple Project Management delivery models for project execution
- Computer Skills
|Date Req Created
|Competition Closing Date
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.