||Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
||Aecon Industrial provides high-performance construction services to a broad array of industrial clients across the country, and offers single-source solutions for multi-trade industrial construction and fabrication projects.
|Business Unit Overview
||Aecon Industrial is a market leader in engineering, procurement, construction and maintenance for the heavy industrial sector, including nuclear and non-nuclear power, oil & gas, petrochemical, steel and automotive. Aecon Industrial has a strong focus on power generation, nuclear, hydroelectric, fossil, biomass, and natural gas industries. Maintenance and capital improvement projects are also key component of our field construction services.
||Project Procurement Lead (ID0201)
||The Project Procurement Lead will report directly to the Procurement Manager. This position will be responsible for supervising procurement functions on the RFR project encompassing purchasing, contracts, expediting, quality surveillance and related functions.
- Resolving complex problems involving high risk monetary cost
- Making decisions and formulating recommendations on highly technical and complex issues
- Consulting with clients to resolve issues
- Developing, implementing and managing procedures, systems and corporate policies
- Negotiating major purchases and contracts
- Reviewing and approving solicitation and analysis of bids on all major purchases
- Supervising the work of subordinates within the project procurement team
- Providing team members with training and development opportunities
- Administering project procurement budgets and reporting progress.
- Providing input into performance evaluations
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- University graduation (Business degree or Technical degree) or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of procurement practices, such as the competitive bidding process; knowledge and experience with general contract terms and conditions; knowledge of services delivery models including KPI application and performance oriented outsourcing; etc
- Strong Financial abilities
- Minimum 12+ years related experience in execution of project procurement
- PMAC certification is desirable;
- Proficient in standard methods and established procedures
- Experience of executing projects above $250 million
- Good communication, supervisory and organizational skills
- Proficient in computer skills including use of MS Office
- Familiarity with E-Procurement/E Sourcing applications
- Experience in leading a team of about 10 procurement staff
|Competition Closing Date
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.