Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
||Aecon Infrastructure brings together state-of-the-art technology, the most recent advances in process, and an experienced team dedicated to the work we perform, ranging from road building to institutional and commercial construction. Built on innovation, we constantly challenge ourselves to meet the demands of existing markets, and anticipate how to serve emerging ones.
|Business Unit Overview
||With hallmark projects past and present, Aecon Buildings continues to provide the GTA and southern Ontario with an extensive range of construction management services to some of today’s fast-growing industry segments, including education, healthcare, commercial and hospitality sectors. Clients from both the private and public sectors rely on Aecon’s experienced project teams for collaborative preconstruction, design-build, general contracting, tenant improvements and ongoing programs work.
||General Maintenance Technician (02400)
Reporting to the Regional Facility Manager, the General Maintenance Technician performs general maintenance activities at multiple facilities, in an assigned region, on behalf of the client. Safety and Customer satisfaction are key elements of service delivery. Work is assigned by the Regional Facility Manager, using an automated work order system, and tickets are closed electronically by the GMT once complete.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Overtime may be required to meet customer requirements or complete work outside of normal office hours. Authorization of overtime to be obtained in advance from Facility Manager
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of Health and Safety, including WHMIS, CPR and First Aid (training provided)
- General Maintenance Technician certificate (or an equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Minimum three years of facilities maintenance experience in general building repair and maintenance, basic plumbing
- An overall understanding of quality customer service, a proven track record of working in multi-functional service teams, and a strong communication skills
- Must have ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs., use ladders up to 30 ft, and possess general maintenance skills, including use of small hand tools
- Frequent travel as required across the assigned region to complete assigned work orders at all assigned sites
- Strong self starter with a quality work ethic, who is customer service focused
- Flexible and open to change, ability to manage own work and prioritize in a changing environment
- Ability to complete multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Familiarity with TSSA codes, applicable building codes and any other governing regulations an asset
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with HelpDesk work order processes and willingness to learn
- Independent thinking and problem solving skills required on a daily basis as well as exceptional customer service
- Must hold a valid driver’s license
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.