Apply Now Tell a Friend
Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
For over 100 years, Lockerbie & Hole Contracting Limited has provided construction services to the commercial, municipal, light industrial and institutional market sectors. The company has successfully completed a diverse range of projects throughout Canada including office towers, shopping centres, hotels, educational institutions, airports, resorts, hospital complexes, municipal water / waste water treatment plants and penal institutions.
|Business Unit Overview
Lockerbie & Hole is proud to be a Canadian company with offices and jobsites nationwide. Our experienced team plans, manages and constructs projects of all sizes using highly automated fabrication and construction practices with advanced technical, reporting & communication systems. Heavily involved in LEED certified construction, Lockerbie & Hole Contracting uses the latest green building practices to complete projects that are environmentally sensitive and sustainable for generations to come. Along with our leading edge safety programs, Lockerbie & Hole Contracting offers best in class mechanical and electrical construction management and complete mechanical and electrical services.
Reporting to the Senior Purchaser, the Purchaser is responsible for providing purchasing service and support to assist Lockerbie & Hole in achieving its procurement objectives.
- Purchase standard materials, supplies, tools, equipment and services of a routine nature;
- Follow established limits and quality, quantity and price guidelines;
- Assessing company requirements and developing specifications for items to be purchased;
- Researching materials for price and quality;
- Providing pricing for estimates and assisting with closing estimates;
- Coordinating delivery and expedition of goods, ensuring goods are ordered and delivered in a timely and cost effective manner;
- Inviting tenders, consulting with suppliers and reviewing quotations;
- Locating new sources of supply as required;
- Selecting vendors, placing orders, maintaining records;
- Establishing and maintaining contact with suppliers;
- Meeting with manufacturing representatives to keep current on new products and their uses;
- Determining or negotiating contract terms and conditions, recommending contract awards;
- Contacting clients and suppliers to resolve issues as required;
- Preparing routine and special reports as required;
- Train or direct the work of purchasers, purchasing clerks or assistants;
- When the purchasing clerk or assistant is away assume their responsibilities;
- Continual liaison with field personnel (ensuring open lines of communication, project schedule awareness, deadlines and awareness);
- Manage of or assist in the return of unused goods and/or disposal of surplus material.
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- Completion of post-secondary education;
- At least two (2) years of experience within a procurement department;
- Knowledge of and insight to the mechanical, industrial and commercial construction industry an asset;
- P.M.A.C. Purchasing Certificate program or enrolment in the C.P.P. Accreditation Program and trade certification related to position specialization is desirable, but not essential;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to work under pressure in order to meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks within a fast-paced work environment;
- Client service oriented and the ability to work effectively within a team environment;
- Ability to build positive working relationships with professionals within industry and internal clients;
- Strong negotiation, mathematical and analytical skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral;
- Solid research skills and commitment to continually learn about new products;
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint).
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.